Blackbird - Dbl. 1.1
    Tarp
    OES Spinn Deluxe
    Insulation
    REI Lite-Core 1.0
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    Images
    Just a little constructive critisism, The audio was lower than the music, and I had to keep adjusting the sound when you would stop talking. Next time mabey lower the musics volume to make it that much more enjoyable. Hopefully that helps.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us, I would love to record my trips, but I fear they're not interesting to others.

I also laughed that you counted the stairs as it's something I probably would have done as well.
    Those who expect disappointment are never disappointed.

Hammock
    Wraith UL, XLC ,Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    The only problem I saw with the video was I wasn't in it. Take me with you next time....please Great vid!!!

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

great video

I use the exact same cooking setup! It is called the fancee feast stove I believe. I love that thing. it is great on fuel conservation and really gets the job done when you use that Heiny pot! I am going to have to put a bailer on mine like you did. You could probably get by with a smaller wind screen..

Getting sounds fade ins and fade outs is pretty tricky to do with narration and music. My last video had some of the same issues. I guess you will just have to go do some more hiking so you can make some more videos and practice! LOL. Great work!

Stormcrow.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks so much--really glad you all enjoyed the vids.

Glad you guys liked the stair bit. I did that primarily for a friend, who came with me earlier this year for his first backpacking trip. The stairs we hit on a couple trails were not his favorite part, so I thought I'd play it up a bit for him.

About the audio, I know that's a problem. The thing was, it was fine before the software rendered and published the videos, so I guess I needed to make some allowance. I didn't go back and redo it because it literally took hours for my machine to make each raw file into a video, and hours to upload each vid to YT. I figured it was good enough for my first try, and I'll do better next time. I may have to find a different program; this one (came with the computer) kept locking up and shutting down, losing some info each time. It was frustrating to say the least.

About the wind screen, this one worked well. Others tended to reflect too much heat back to the stove, and vaporize the fuel too quickly, getting an inefficient burn. This one was far enough away to avoid this problem while still efficiently blocking the wind. It unhooks to lie flat, and nestles between my pack and blue pad so I don't even know I'm carrying it. And, it was going to be trash, anyway, so might as well put it to use!

I'll see if I can post some closer photos of my heine pot kitchen system, if anyone is interested.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro &amp; GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    I liked the video, it made me wish I was down there with you. I just live about 45 minutes away from Natural Bridge and the Gorge. The private property that you ran into on the Sheltowee I believe is part of a new campground/ vacation spot. I read on another forum about the Sheltowee that the trail had to be rerouted due to the purchase of the land of the new campground area. There were a few people on the other forum who have thru hiked the whole Sheltowee and still do trail work on it that have complained about how the trail had to be rerouted b/c of that place.
    Chris

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    I really enjoyed the videos! Beautiful and interesting area- green and peaceful!

Thanks a bunch for sharing them!!

Perkolady

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Great vids Scott. I hope I can join you on a hike one of these days.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks for the compliments!

Perkolady: that's why I go there--beautiful, interesting, green, and peaceful!

Headchange and psycho: I'd love to have you guys along--maybe we can work it out someday. I do try to take at least one solo trip each year, though, to recharge the batteries. I need lots of time for quiet reflection, prayer, etc. and with growing children I find I just have to get away sometimes to get it. More and more, however, I find that I enjoy myself much more with company along.

About the private property sign, I'm thinking that it was probably a left-over from prior years. My intent was to hike down that "road" and camp near a small lake down in the valley, but the way down would have been more difficult than I felt like dealing with even if it were obviously public.

Thanks for watching the videos, and I'm glad you all enjoyed them!
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12