Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leeinmemphis View Post
    I don't have any hooks on the main suspension and my hammock setup is completely factory at this point. I can probably rig up a prusic(sp) knot on the main line to attach it to. .
    Sounds to me like a factory omission. But frankly I wouldnt work too hard to correct it. Come to think of it... Maybe I shouldn't be too quick to say that. My Safari was used and I suppose the privious owner may have added the hooks. Hanging the tarp to the trees separately has some distinct advantages. Like being able to to stand under the tarp while it is raining to set up the hammock itself. I changed out my suspension to webbing/ring buckle whch I would seriously suggest so the hooks went bye-bye's when I did that.I
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly.
    Insulation
    Yeti / Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Images
    The Safari I got from factory did not have the hook system. I was told that was only for the asym style tarp. The hex should have come with 6 tie out lines, one for each corner. It sounds like they missed the ones on each of the (there should be two) triangular rings at either end of the center (ridgeline) seam. then one from each of the small circular rings at the corners that tie to tent stakes or etc, etc...... Like I say call em to let them know and they may either remedy it or say oops sorry. If they don't send you some just get something like mason line and use that, it works well.

Ramblinrev.... It may be that the original safaris used an asym tarp then switched over to the hex and eliminated the prussics at that point, or you may be right about the previous owner...??? Just out of curiosity do use use that method (attached to the suspension) with a tarp like the hex?
    I thought I was wrong once, turns out I was wrong about that.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordzilla View Post
    Ramblinrev.... It may be that the original safaris used an asym tarp then switched over to the hex and eliminated the prussics at that point, or you may be right about the previous owner...??? Just out of curiosity do use use that method (attached to the suspension) with a tarp like the hex?
    In that case I stand corrected about the hooks. The Safari I had came with the hex tarp and the Safari is shipped with the hex tarp as standard. I did use te hooks at first but was never really satisfied with them. I guess the previous owner put them lon. (As I think about now that makes sense as they were tied on wrong. hehehe.) I can't remember what the stuff sack directions said about installing the tarp but I think those directions referred to the hooks as the proper attachment. Eventually I moved to hanging the tarp separately which was suggested here. Then I switched out the suspension and lost the hooks anyway. Finally I swapped the the Safari for the Explorer I have now.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly.
    Insulation
    Yeti / Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Images
    I was going to try attaching it with the hooks and see what came about, but it sounds like it might not be ideal, so thanks ramblinrev.
    Hammockforums, helping reduce the error in trial and error.
    I thought I was wrong once, turns out I was wrong about that.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123