dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings

New hennessy hammock questions though.

Hey guys like I said I got a new hennessy hammock hyperlite and slept in it last night but on the instructions or whatever for it it says to lay with the zipper on my right side I assume this means when laying on my back have the zipper on my right side? But does it really matter if it's on the left or right side?

And another thing I'm not overly found of the suspension just the rope with webbing, I'm thinking about converting to woopie slings can I just buy woopie slings and throw them on the hennessy or is it something I have to like make the woopie slings onto he hammock so like make them while it's on the hammock somehow? Thanks guys!!!
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird/WB RR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    AE New River MM TQ
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    Is the hammock an asym? If it is, then there is a true right or left lay as far as I know. My HH Exped Asym with bottom entry is a Right lay.

Im not really in love with the stock suspension system either, but I don't want whoopies because of the extra distance needed to hang. For me I found the solution in this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iJTjful66M

As soon as my HH comes back from 2QZQ for the zipper mod, I'm going to attach beeners and rappel rings to the straps. Looks easy enough and still give a lot of adjustment options.

Just my .02

Images
    I don't have the hyperlite but I do have cubs, expeditions, and explorers. I have laid both ways in mine. Hang angle is more key than direction. Particularly foot end higher than head end. You may find that most times you want the zipper on a particular side for ease of exit/entry or for you to reach out for things. I have the 2QZQ mod 4 on my Explorer so I can go either way.

Definitely a plus to change out the suspension. I went to rap rings with the stock rope then changed to rap rings and straps. Very easy to add whoopies to the HH. This video will help a lot on that count. At the 2:10 mark you'll see what you need to do to set up the HH.

Good luck and happy hanging.

You don't necessarily need to lay with the zipper to your right, but you should lay with your head left of center and your feet to the right. If you lay with the zipper to your left, this means that you will have to rotate a bit more when entering or exiting the hammock.

Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Hmmm alright thank you guys very very much! Does the hyper light feel the same as all the new hennessy hammocks now? Because my dad has an old hennessy I don't remember the model but the fabric is different then my hyperlite is so do they all have a same feel now or no?
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    Dogger special
    Tarp
    HG CF 12' camo
    Insulation
    HG Buro & Incu 0+2
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Images
    If you order whoopies some places ask if it is for Hennessy. They make the end that attaches to the hammock a little longer. I have always made my own and use dogbones on the hammock for easy changing.
    Material is normally different. Even from year to year on the same models. From one model to the other I believe they use different weight material or just a different run of fabric.
    Life has no remote. Get up and change it yourself!

Hammock
    hh safari deluxe
    Tarp
    stock hex
    Suspension
    diy whoopies
    the stock HH system is ANVIL SIMPLE

each end of the hammock is covered w/ a CONE SHAPED piece that is ZIP-TIED in place

when i snip'd the ZIP-TIE and slid the cover aside, this is what i saw

you will notice the stock line is run thru some melted holes and that the RIDGE LINE is looped in the mess, w/ a BOWLINE (knot) securing the attachment

after untying the BOWLINE, i was able to see how HH wrapped this

i made 2 DOGBONES, onto which, i LARKS HEADED a DRIP RING, on one end, & making sure the loop on each end was larger than the rings

now, all i had to do was to replace the stock HH cordage w/ my DOGBONE, making sure i duplicated the HH wrapping pattern & including the RIDGLINE, in the wrap

since i had a loop on the end of the DOGBONE, i didn't have to tie it in place

just looped my drip ring thru the end and cinched it up

i replaced the stock HH end cover w/ a new ZIP-TIE, holding it in place

being careful to get all my little ducks in a row, i now have an ATTACHMENT/DRIP RING on each end of my HH and my SNAKE SKINS scrunch up between the RING & HH

the WHOOPIE SLINGS easily attach to the RINGS and can be removed, when wet, for drying

there are many ways to do what you are questioning about

this is butt one of them

sw
    "we are the people our parents warned us about" jb

steve

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    For that there is no significant weight saving but Hennessy can void your warranty. Easier just to tie in a ring with a clove hitch and half hitch keeper then nothing under the hood is changed.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Armor Like Fire View Post
    Hmmm alright thank you guys very very much! Does the hyper light feel the same as all the new hennessy hammocks now? Because my dad has an old hennessy I don't remember the model but the fabric is different then my hyperlite is so do they all have a same feel now or no?
    The Hyperlite has the best "feel" of any of the HH to me personally. Kinda like silk.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Asym Fly from HH
    Insulation
    Thermarest Pad
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas/Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    For that there is no significant weight saving but Hennessy can void your warranty. Easier just to tie in a ring with a clove hitch and half hitch keeper then nothing under the hood is changed.
    Agree so much. For the lay if my head is towards the zipper I wake up with major knee problems. I believe this is the way that HH recommends but i prefer with my legs towards the zipper and my head towards the seam side. Much better sleep for me

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast