Hammock
    HH BULA
    Tarp
    Stock currently
    Insulation
    SuperShelter

Sheeps Wool Blanket and PopUp Gizmos

Has anyone experimented with either of these?

I bought the Sheeps Wool Blanket from Bowron (just google it) for my daughter Cedar when she was an infant as it soothed her sleeping at night. I was thinking of using this inside the hammock for under my back area. Could add warmth or dissipate excessive heat.

Those Ugg boots etc were originally designed by Australian surfers because they kept their feet cool in summertime and warm in wintertime.

Benefits include: (some may be non issues like electrostatic etc)

# Is an electric half transmitter whereas synthetic is a 100% non transmitter. Only half transmitters give undisturbed room for the natural friction exchange of body and environment. An electric charge will therefore not take place.
    # Absorbs sweat immediately and is able to submit it seven times faster into the air then synthetic. Additionally, body poisons which are in the sweat are reduced.
    # Activates the blood circulation and the immune system,and supports the relaxation and regeneration of the body.
    # Keeps a healthy steady temperature. It influences the whole organism of the body in a vitalizing, relaxing way.
    # Is gentle on your skin because it consists of a similar basic substance as human skin.
    # Helps heal sensitive or inflamed skin or rashes.
    # Is temperature self regulating and therefore great for summer and winter.
    # Has a "selfwarmth" and never feels cold. The natural breathing of the skin continues.
    # Is always dirt and bacteria resistant. For centuries it has been known that natural sheepskin with its lanolin if left to hang in fresh air possesses a self cleaning power.
    # Natural sheepskin is best cleaned with sheepskin wash extract with Lanolin. This way the wool stays biologically active. The water temperature should never exceed 30 C.
    # Sheepskin can also be cleaned chemically at your local cleaner.

PopUp Gizmos:

I bought these PopUp Gizmos http://www.popupgizmos.com/index.html a while back for my Fleetwood E1 camper http://photo1.diamondlot.com/640x480...27_640x480.jpg but I ended up not using them because it took too much time to put on and take off.

Looking through all these forum posts I bet these might be useful in constructing a complete undercover/overcover effectively creating a mini microwave oven with air circulation. Essentially large safety blankets and relatively cheap) Single cover for $39 and two for $79. I have two and am gonna try to rig it up soon.

It comes with bungee cord already through it and clamps. I would like to figure out how to rig it with mini biners or something, maybe even skip the tarp and use this as the tarp and hang over ridgeline. I'm thinking like over and under tarp with reflective side towards hammock.

Anyway, gonna play around with it nondestructively first and see what I come up with but just thought I would pass on another potential solution.

I was thinking I might cut out two sheets from it to match the dimensions of the underpad that comes with the SS. Then have a lady down the street sew them together wrapped around the underpad to safeguard the pad from tearing and also having one side of the pad with the reflective side and the other side of the pad with the green side. This way when I need the heat I can put the reflective side up and when I just need the vapor barrier I can put the green side up.

I was also thinking if I used this as a tarp I could do essentially the same thing. When I want to reflect heat back I put the reflective side facing the hammock. When its real hot out I can point the reflective side up which would keep the hammock much cooler.

Anyway, I have both of these lying around and I might as well try to put them to some good use.

Comments/Questions/Conerns???

FRGus723
    "Let the liquor do the thinking" Jim Lahey TPB

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I like it, good find. Would make a nice warm uq, any idea on the weight and stuffed size, since you own them?
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    HH BULA
    Tarp
    Stock currently
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Of which the blanket or the solar bunkend covers?
    "Let the liquor do the thinking" Jim Lahey TPB

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Noseeum
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Poncho Liner
    Suspension
    Strap Works
    Images
    I too had thought about the Popupgizmos. I have a set for my Coleman Williamsburg and in Mississippi they work great.I had actually emailed Bob at PUgizmo last week about a camo tarp but he is out of camo.I hope the blanket idea works out.

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    wallyworld blue
    Insulation
    YETI
    Suspension
    straps and rings
    Images
    how much do the solor covers weigh? they look like they might be worth a shot. Did I understand your price ( 35 for single, 79 for two covers)? How large are they?
    I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane. - Waylon Jennings

Hammock
    HH BULA
    Tarp
    Stock currently
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Plowhorse,

They are probably a bit lighter than a tarp in whatever size you get. They are thin but not as thin as the cheap space blankets, more heavy duty as for their purpose they need to be able to withstand some significant wind tear. I would think the standard material would be all that is needed in this case. Back when I bought them the High Wind ones were just a better way to attach them and had more lashing in them but I don't think the material is any different in the 3 levels.

Here's all his info. You can click the link above and see his info.

He has standard camper sizes in stock but if he doesn't have them he just asks for the dimensions which means I would assume he could custom make whatever size you need. You don't really need as much material as say a camper bunkend so he may charge a bit less

Standard Covers:

Single Cover w/clamps.........................................$39 .95

Two Covers Sets w/clamps....................................$79.95

Three Cover Sets w/clamps (slide-out or third bunk).....$89.95

High Wind Option Covers:

Single Cover w/clamps..........................................$4 9.95

Two Cover Sets w/clamps......................................$94.95

Three Cover Sets w/clamps (slide-out or third bunk).....$112.95

Super High Wind Option Covers:

Two Cover Sets w/clamps......................................$124.9 5

Three Cover sets (w/ HW slide-out cover) ..................$142.95

Three Cover sets (three bunk hybrids)....................... $159.95