ENO DN
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, EE Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks

EVA Foot pad

I'm thinking about getting a Jarbidge and I noticed AHE recommends their EVA Foot pad for their 3/4 UQs. I'm currently using an Wallyworld self-inflating seat pad for foot coverage with my PLUQ (although frankly, I sometimes use nothing). Does anyone have the EVA one and have any feedback on it? In particular, I'd like to know how big it is (not thickness, but dimensions) and how it compares in size to a CCF square.

Hammock
    11.5' DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    ArgonSil11'/wdoors
    Insulation
    20F Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by dfscott View Post
    I'm thinking about getting a Jarbidge and I noticed AHE recommends their EVA Foot pad for their 3/4 UQs. I'm currently using an Wallyworld self-inflating seat pad for foot coverage with my PLUQ (although frankly, I sometimes use nothing). Does anyone have the EVA one and have any feedback on it? In particular, I'd like to know how big it is (not thickness, but dimensions) and how it compares in size to a CCF square.
    In any temps above 30* Fahrenheit I put the next day's clothes in my foot box and get plenty of warm from that, as it gets colder, I wear an insulative layer on my feet.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Dfscott, to answer your questions: The Foot pads come in at about 20" long, 12" at the narrow end and 15" at the wider end. Of course as we state it's very easy to trim that down from there if your comfortable with a narrower or shorter pad. For packed size it can be folded up easily and you can get it to the size of a medium sized book, or roll it up to a little bigger than the tube on a roll of paper towels. This is the foam that I have been using for about 3 years now, offered in the store since last summer.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, EE Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    Dfscott, to answer your questions: The Foot pads come in at about 20" long, 12" at the narrow end and 15" at the wider end. Of course as we state it's very easy to trim that down from there if your comfortable with a narrower or shorter pad. For packed size it can be folded up easily and you can get it to the size of a medium sized book, or roll it up to a little bigger than the tube on a roll of paper towels. This is the foam that I have been using for about 3 years now, offered in the store since last summer.
    Thanks so much for the info -- straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak!

So, is the surface tacky enough that is doesn't slide around in the hammock? I'm a bit of a restless sleeper (apparently) as I tend to kick things out on occasion. That's why I stopped using the inflatable seat cushion -- it was so light and slick that it would constantly fall overboard.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    The foam does have a slight texture to it...it's not glossy smooth though I would call it more of a matt finish. It's soft to the touch but it will grip to the fabric of your quilt or hammock. To keep it in place if you move a lot put it inside of your top quilt/sleeping bag. I used mine this past weekend that way with bare feet and it is soft enough to feel comfortable.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

• + New Posts