Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post
    I had a mishap with my favorite BB the other day - my silk lined one. I sent it to Brandon to see if it could be repaired - luckily, it can. But while it is gone, I am forced to sleep in other hammocks, even other BB's, and I am just itching thinking about my favorite girl sitting in a pile of hammocks in Brandon's shop, laying there like any other hammock, when it clearly is not. When that hammock comes back, it will be babied like nothing has been babied before.
    Big ol sissy!

Just think of it as your baby going back for a class reunion. She's probably having fun, but I'm sure she'll miss you after a couple of days.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Just think of it as your baby going back for a class reunion. She's probably having fun, but I'm sure she'll miss you after a couple of days.
    But ya gotta wonder who she's having fun with if you're not there. Just sayin'.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Big ol sissy!

Well, part of it is not being able to have her when you want. Makes the urges stronger, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    But ya gotta wonder who she's having fun with if you're not there. Just sayin'.
    Now Hooch, that's just mean. I'm sure she's being a lady.

Hammock
    Blackbird - Dbl. 1.1
    Tarp
    OES Spinn Deluxe
    Insulation
    REI Lite-Core 1.0
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    Images
    Nice to see I'm not the only one who truely loves the gear they carry. I was just giving this topic alot of thought over my last couple-a-trips, and I almost love every piece of gear I have.

I'm not sure if there is a perfect stove for me out there though, as they all have thier foibles... Mabey a good pot over some nice coals from a good fire is my preference, but not my stove. Alas, mabey this is what people feel like when they have no one to love or love them back.
    Those who expect disappointment are never disappointed.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Now Hooch, that's just mean. I'm sure she's being a lady.
    You're right. A lonely, soft, comfortable, silk-lined lady.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gRaFFiX View Post
    Alas, mabey this is what people feel like when they have no one to love or love them back.
    Or when they love too many, and can't choose between them - remember, we are gear junkies as well. I think a piece of gear becomes your "go to" piece of gear when it shows you that it won't let you down (even though everything eventually fails or wears out.) Sometimes, you keep trying to make a piece of gear work that just doesn't fit your needs or style of hiking/camping/usage. Sometimes new gear fits perfect from the first try, and you could never imagine being without that gear. I have way too much gear that has not seen enough use, and should move it along to people who will appreciate it, but I am too loyal to my gear, thinking that it just needs a little more time to find out how to use it to its best advantage.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge
    Tarp
    DD Camo
    Images
    ya know- to my shame for years i was a love'm and leave'm gearpig .i used and abused my gear .At times leaving it in the trunk of my car for weeks on end or dirty on the garage floor.when i wore out or broke something i would just move on to the next thing without much thought, in fact it was exciting.but as the years go on i have started to take notice and appreciate the faithful gear that has stood by me through thick and thin,good times and bad. I now see good friends too many to list but a sample would be my hammock,kelly the kettle.pocket rocket and mr buck 119.Along with them stands a whole host of fishing rod soldiers that go where i go and ask no questions.they know the new and shiny will come and go but they also know it is the faithful that will be used the most.So to all the faithful gear out there-we salute you! because without you we would be nothing.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    supertramp, i'm getting all misty.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

ULA Production

I haven't even received my ULA Circuit yet (it is being embroidered as we speak,) and I love it like no other pack.
    From another forum I found this:

"...Brian Frankle fractured his leg over the weekend and, as a result, production at ULA has been shut down prematurely. I recently ordered a Catalyst for an upcoming JMT hike and received an email from Casey at ULA stating the above.
    Just thought I'd let those know who may be wanting to order any packs from ULA. Apparently they won't be shipping anything out now until after December 1...."

Hope this news does not effect the eta of your newest gear too much Fin.
    Last edited by stormcrow; 07-16-2009 at 00:02. Reason: link to another forum taken out

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    From another forum I found this:

"...Brian Frankle fractured his leg over the weekend and, as a result, production at ULA has been shut down prematurely. I recently ordered a Catalyst for an upcoming JMT hike and received an email from Casey at ULA stating the above.
    Just thought I'd let those know who may be wanting to order any packs from ULA. Apparently they won't be shipping anything out now until after December 1...."

Hope this news does not effect the eta of your newest gear too much Fin.
    Ah man! What a drag for Brian. I thought he had a couple of other people in the garage sewing for him? Still, I know he likes to go on one long hike every year and it sounds like this year will be a bust for him. Sending him all positive vibes that he heals quickly. Glad I got my Ohm when I did!
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast