Another VERY Happy Ridgerunner owner… (DL, Multicam, w/ Multicam SF)

I received my Double layer, Multicam Ridgerunner yesterday and could not be happier! The design is perfect and workmanship impeccable! This isn’t much of a review as this is my first experience with a camping hammock – but I slept in mine last night and was amazed at the room, comfort, and flat lay! I am 5’8” and 167 Lbs. I had PLENTY of room. I was able to sleep on my side comfortably throughout the night, and, as I toss and turn regularly, had no trouble rolling around (a Lot) either. I was even able to lay comfortably on my stomach, which is how I usually fall asleep. Perfectly flat lay, and the “saddlebags” are ideally positioned to keep stuff out of the way but immediately accessible with barely moving a hand. As an eyeglass wearer I really appreciate the head-end pocket as well. I would say that I slept as comfortably, and possibly even more so, than in my own bed! The only item of note is that a pad seems required below 70 or so. (temp was down to lower 60s this morning) I’d used one ( an older Therm-a-rest, Ultralite full length self-inflator) and I was perfectly comfortable most of the night. later this morning (around 4am) the pad shifted just a bit, allowing one “cheek” (while laying on back – as I sleep there too) to be off the pad and there was a cold spot. I simply rolled a bit and shoved my bag (which I was using a quilt) under my hip and the problem was solved. Had I not used the pad, I would have probably been cold. Jumping into the bag might have helped, but the short story is that the pad was very welcome.

I was originally going to purchase a XLC, but this forum helped me switch that up and I ended up with the Ridgerunner. I am *very* happy with the decision I made. After putting it up/pulling it down the first time, I was able to set it up in under 2 minutes in the dark. I went with the adjustable strap suspension, which works remarkably well. So well, I’m not quite sure what improvement the Whoopie suspension might offer or why someone would want/need it considering it costs extra. Not knocking it – just don’t see what the gain might be.

I also purchased the Multicam Superfly. Workmanship is off the charts. It is noticeably hefty, but is well worth the coin. I know that most will not want to bear this expense, but I do see myself purchasing a digital camo Superfly also – for the reduced weight. The Multicam SF is going to be great for car/motorcycle/site-camping/short-trip tarp. It is also going to be awesome for Winter use. Plus, it looks amazing! I’m not a hard core, ounce shaving kind of guy and don’t think the weight will be that big a deal – and frankly, it is *sooooo nice* it is simply a joy to own! I am a huge Multicam fan and when placing this order had a little extra flexibility in the finances. I knew it would be easier to purchase the Multicam SF now and a cheaper tarp later, vs doing the opposite. This being especially true since I’d already budgeted for the XLC+topcover (must be purchased with XLC) and a tarp – which comes out to be about the same amount. For these reasons I went with the Multicam SF and couldn’t be happier. Weight wise, I’m still a good pound or more under the weight of my Eureka Apex tent – so in short, I’m not bummed about the weight at all, but can see myself desiring the ultralight Digital Camo tarp as well.

I hope this help! I’m very impressed with Warbonnet products and look forward to purchasing the Spindrift, an under-quilt, under cover poncho and other items as well!

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    welcome to the warbonnet fam. there are alot of diff pads that will work with the warbonnet. hennessy has some extra wide pads that would work well with the RR.
    Honor guide me

Hammock
    WBRR / WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG / UGQ
    Suspension
    Buckles / Whoopies
    pics or it didn't happen!!!
    I'm a Mormon. I know it, I live it, and I love it.

• + New Posts