Snipe/Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ / HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch and Whoopies

How many wraps?

I bought my hammock used and it came with continuous loops already installed.
    They are pretty long at least 12''?
    They wrap around at least 4-5 times anyway, with at least 6 inches remaining...

However , they are becoming frayed a bit so I purchased new ones from Dutch and they are the shorter of the two he offers.

In hindsight I probably should have gotten the longer ones specified for Hennessy.....but I didn't.

How many wraps should I be shooting for ?

I feel like just 1 larks head may be adequate but am unsure.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Yes, one larkshead should be fine, that's all I've ever used - can't imagine more "loops" would be necessary.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Snipe/Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ / HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch and Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    Yes, one larkshead should be fine, that's all I've ever used - can't imagine more "loops" would be necessary.
    Cool...that's what I figured
    saw some photos of multiple wraps while researching earlier and just wanted to get some opinions.

thanks

Because a Hennessey is not a sewn channel hammock but has a unique burnt-through design, I feel a lot more comfortable with multiple wraps. I personally would recommend getting at least a couple wraps in. With the whoopies I got from Arrowhead Equipment, I really had to tighten them bit-by-bit to get enough clearance for the adjustable loop's bury. However, once you apply some weight to the suspension (by hanging and laying), everything will tighten up pretty good, and you don't loose much length.
    Last edited by soulsizzle; 06-25-2014 at 23:45.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    The main thing is shortening the length of the continuous loop so it's not sticking out from under the tarp. My continuous loops start with a 27.5" length so only about 4-6" are added to the length of the ridgeline. I use Dutch whoopie hooks so my main objective is to keep the whoopie hooks under the tarp (where all drip lines/points should be).
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Snipe/Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ / HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch and Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsizzle View Post
    Because a Hennessey is not a sewn channel hammock but has a unique burnt-through design, I feel a lot more comfortable with multiple wraps. I personally would recommend getting at least a couple wraps in. With the whoopies I got from Arrowhead Equipment, I really had to tighten them bit-by-bit to get enough clearance for the adjustable loop's bury. However, once you apply some weight to the suspension (by hanging and laying), everything will tighten up pretty good, and you don't loose much length.
    Oh ok....I've never messed with a Hennessy but wondered what the deal was.

Hammock
    Snipe/Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ / HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch and Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    The main thing is shortening the length of the continuous loop so it's not sticking out from under the tarp. My continuous loops start with a 27.5" length so only about 4-6" are added to the length of the ridgeline. I use Dutch whoopie hooks so my main objective is to keep the whoopie hooks under the tarp (where all drip lines/points should be).
    AH HA !
    I did this anyway .......but it wasn't because I was rationalizing it.
    I'm using dutch biners for my break.

thanks.
    Last edited by ADKrella; 06-26-2014 at 11:40.

i did a few extra wraps when i put Amsteel CLs onto my ENO DN, but that was bc i wanted to shorten them up to get the biner closer to the hammock to fit better under my tarp..

• + New Posts