Tarp
    diy winter tarp
    Insulation
    Insulhammock
    Suspension
    DutchGear

Insulhammock ARGON

Hi All,

After some testing and retooling, The 100% ARGON Insulhammocks are out! ( Website will be updated soon ) After the RHK Hang experience with Medicineman's Roan and Mine, The Breathability .Light Weight, Wind resistance , Moisture resistance, and of course, The Silky comfort of the feel of the ARGON against the Skin, I can't begin to say enough good things about this material ! The 1.6 Hammock material is Great to work with and easily held 450 lbs worth of me and my bouncing children with no perceivable stretch whatsoever! Performs Like 1.9 but with less weight! Hats off to, and many Thanks to Dutch and his wonderful game changing material! My most recent Insulhammock came in at 2lbs 11oz, Thanks Dutch! I would write more but if my yard is not mowed when my SUPT. gets home I'll be living in an Insulhammock!

Thanks, RR

Senior Member Rivendell Refugee's Avatar
    Hammock
    Insulhammock
    Tarp
    diy winter tarp
    Insulation
    Insulhammock
    Suspension
    DutchGear
    IMG_1008.jpg ARGON brown= easy on the eyes like Dutch!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Tewa Breeze
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    That is dope!
    Palm made products a portrait of modern triumph

Hammock
    Insulhammock / Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Argon Custom
    Suspension
    strap
    Wanted to share my review of the Three Season Argon Insulhammock and matching Argon tarp.

I spent a total of 5 nights in the highlands of the Southern Appalachian Mountains. As typical for this area during the spring, the weather was fickle but allowed for a real good test of the quality and workmanship from Insulhammock. Elevations ranged from 4500’ to 5800’. The first night out was dry, slight breeze, and low of 60° F. Tarp doors were buckled but not Velcro shut. I had the hammock totally open and slept comfortably in shorts and t-shirt. At some point the flaps got pulled over me but I did not zip. I could feel the breeze if I lifted my hand above the sides of the hammock but the argon on the bottom was blocking the breeze. My back was warm but not hot.

The second night was what I call “ground clouds”. The rain had pushed through but the clouds remained on the mountain. Visibility was about 2-6’ with headlamp. I pitched tarp first and low to ground. I then hung and centered hammock under tarp. I closed doors with Velcro this time as well as remainder of nights. Deployment from bag is a breeze and the buckles and webbing were fast and easy to adjust in the dark. Temp dropped to 50°. I zipped up to waist and flapped on chest and shoulders. I could see fog billowing up into tarp from ground as wind blew. When I woke, I had condensation on ends of hammock. This concerned me greatly because I knew that bad weather was coming for later in the week and I didn’t want wet down. I was able to take a long lunch in a clearing and dry all equipment including myself.

Third night, rain pushed through before hanging. Temp stayed in the 50’s. I was cool while cooking supper and added rain coat to cut wind. I slept in t-shirt and shorts with top zipped up to chin. I woke in the morning in fetal position under cover. I was toasty and had the “don’t want to stick my head out dreads”.

On the fourth night, the main body of the weather system arrived. Holy sweet mother! Made stupid error and camped exposed on ridge. I would guess the wind gusts to be 40-50 mph with horizontal rain. Tarp was pitched low to ground and I used the upper tie outs as well on the windward side. I woke in the storm to the horror of water drops on legs. I turned head lamp on and noticed drip from ridge seam. Wind was still howling. I don’t think this was a manufacturing flaw. I think cheaper tarps would have already shredded at this point. I was alarmed at the water on the ends of hammock. I took head lamp and inspected the down. It was dry. The argon was wet but no down clumping. The water was jumping over my half hitch at buckle. I went ahead and pulled the loop through to make tight half hitch and let tag end trail down tarp doors. That was about the end of sleep until storm blew through. I zipped the top up totally and inspected all the cool custom options. I had asked for additional side pocket at head end for extra light and place to stow my air-weight. This pocket also held another piece of test equipment (Delorme InReach) just fine. Zipper pulls were made of glow cord, which help assist you if you forget light on top of hammock and zip up! There are hand loops at each end of hammock. I was able to turn around inside hammock and use pulls to pull myself up to inspect water issues.

The fifth night was the coldest night. It got down to 32°. I had mid-weight wool top and bottoms on with light fleece cap and wool socks. I was warm, but not toasty. With comfort level at freezing, I believe this version of the Insulhammock is acceptable for 4 season duty in the Southern States. Additional layers of winter clothing (down pants and jacket over wool) will allow me to go colder with the Insulhammock and easily to single digits.

I am totally satisfied with the Insulhammock. Craftsmanship is excellent. The maker believes in his product and continually strives to better it as technology and materials improve. I look forward to seeing performance in the heat and humidity on smallmouth floats this summer. Some of the photos will show whoopie suspension instead of the strap and cinch buckle. I’m trying these out but the straps and cinch buckles are the best for me in bad weather and quick fiddle free, get my tail warm and dry adventures I take! Either suspension allows you to unhook from the body of hammock and bag. In storm you can pitch tarp low, velcro doors closed, insert suspension at ridge line and deploy hammock totally enclosed.

Remember--Some People are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Some people can paint the Sistine chapel, some people can finger-paint, and some people just eat the Crayons....

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Nobody should ever be cold again. That thing look like a work of art.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by twotrees View Post
    Wanted to share my review of the Three Season Argon Insulhammock and matching Argon tarp.

I spent a total of 5 nights in the highlands of the Southern Appalachian Mountains. As typical for this area during the spring, the weather was fickle but allowed for a real good test of the quality and workmanship from Insulhammock. Elevations ranged from 4500’ to 5800’. The first night out was dry, slight breeze, and low of 60° F. Tarp doors were buckled but not Velcro shut. I had the hammock totally open and slept comfortably in shorts and t-shirt. At some point the flaps got pulled over me but I did not zip. I could feel the breeze if I lifted my hand above the sides of the hammock but the argon on the bottom was blocking the breeze. My back was warm but not hot.

The second night was what I call “ground clouds”. The rain had pushed through but the clouds remained on the mountain. Visibility was about 2-6’ with headlamp. I pitched tarp first and low to ground. I then hung and centered hammock under tarp. I closed doors with Velcro this time as well as remainder of nights. Deployment from bag is a breeze and the buckles and webbing were fast and easy to adjust in the dark. Temp dropped to 50°. I zipped up to waist and flapped on chest and shoulders. I could see fog billowing up into tarp from ground as wind blew. When I woke, I had condensation on ends of hammock. This concerned me greatly because I knew that bad weather was coming for later in the week and I didn’t want wet down. I was able to take a long lunch in a clearing and dry all equipment including myself.

Third night, rain pushed through before hanging. Temp stayed in the 50’s. I was cool while cooking supper and added rain coat to cut wind. I slept in t-shirt and shorts with top zipped up to chin. I woke in the morning in fetal position under cover. I was toasty and had the “don’t want to stick my head out dreads”.

On the fourth night, the main body of the weather system arrived. Holy sweet mother! Made stupid error and camped exposed on ridge. I would guess the wind gusts to be 40-50 mph with horizontal rain. Tarp was pitched low to ground and I used the upper tie outs as well on the windward side. I woke in the storm to the horror of water drops on legs. I turned head lamp on and noticed drip from ridge seam. Wind was still howling. I don’t think this was a manufacturing flaw. I think cheaper tarps would have already shredded at this point. I was alarmed at the water on the ends of hammock. I took head lamp and inspected the down. It was dry. The argon was wet but no down clumping. The water was jumping over my half hitch at buckle. I went ahead and pulled the loop through to make tight half hitch and let tag end trail down tarp doors. That was about the end of sleep until storm blew through. I zipped the top up totally and inspected all the cool custom options. I had asked for additional side pocket at head end for extra light and place to stow my air-weight. This pocket also held another piece of test equipment (Delorme InReach) just fine. Zipper pulls were made of glow cord, which help assist you if you forget light on top of hammock and zip up! There are hand loops at each end of hammock. I was able to turn around inside hammock and use pulls to pull myself up to inspect water issues.

The fifth night was the coldest night. It got down to 32°. I had mid-weight wool top and bottoms on with light fleece cap and wool socks. I was warm, but not toasty. With comfort level at freezing, I believe this version of the Insulhammock is acceptable for 4 season duty in the Southern States. Additional layers of winter clothing (down pants and jacket over wool) will allow me to go colder with the Insulhammock and easily to single digits.

I am totally satisfied with the Insulhammock. Craftsmanship is excellent. The maker believes in his product and continually strives to better it as technology and materials improve. I look forward to seeing performance in the heat and humidity on smallmouth floats this summer. Some of the photos will show whoopie suspension instead of the strap and cinch buckle. I’m trying these out but the straps and cinch buckles are the best for me in bad weather and quick fiddle free, get my tail warm and dry adventures I take! Either suspension allows you to unhook from the body of hammock and bag. In storm you can pitch tarp low, velcro doors closed, insert suspension at ridge line and deploy hammock totally enclosed.

Thank You so much for the purchase of our product we are so happy you like it, hope to see you on the trail.
    Ignorance is simply not knowing, Stupidity is knowing and not doing. "Stupidity should be painful"

"Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives oblivious" Agent Smith, The Matrix

Please leave suggestions and comments on our H.O.C.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=57721

Come check out our Creation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uw7-XGKnDU

Insulhammock
    http://camping-hammock.us/

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkU4...-aLKtXGAdFMDmQ

Just a quick look at our first ARGON tarp. It worked perfect. We stayed at the back of the H.O.C. the next night and had VERY strong rain worked flawlessly(video forthcoming)
    Ignorance is simply not knowing, Stupidity is knowing and not doing. "Stupidity should be painful"

"Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives oblivious" Agent Smith, The Matrix

Insulhammock

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images

Insulhammock

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    I have some serious gear envy. Maby once my twins graduate from college I'll be able to start saving up for this beautiful masterfull piece of gear. That is one he double hockey Stix of an insulated hammock craftsmanship looks top notch hope I get to try one of these in person sometime soon.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    I have some serious gear envy. Maby once my twins graduate from college I'll be able to start saving up for this beautiful masterfull piece of gear. That is one he double hockey Stix of an insulated hammock craftsmanship looks top notch hope I get to try one of these in person sometime soon.
    If your ever in TN. give us a shout and we will let you test drive one. Thanks for the flowers we sure are proud of it.

Insulhammock

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast