Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Clark NA
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Question How do you stuff your NA?

Hi Ya'll,

Haven't posted in a while. Been busy with Scout Camp and work. I just came back from a week of Summer Camp and used my Clark all week. Wow what a better way to spend a week at camp. Some of us left on Thursday to do an over night Kayak/Canoe Trip and I left the Clark Hanging and took my spare Speer Hammock which was nice to have the extra so I didn't have to take down the Clark. The Speer worked just fine with my Poncho Liner for extra warmth under the Hammock.

Pictures from left are my Speer and Tinalouise's Clark Jungle, second from left is at scout camp you can see our Clarks in the background behind the Camp Tents, we were using these for walk in closets, the next three are of the Cape fear River and the camp site we were using(Notice the dark spots on the ground, they are Cow Patties)

My question is how to get the Clark back in the stuff stack small and compact. I have come to realize that it will not get as small as the picture on Clarks website shows it but I must be doing something wrong because it is huge and I can hardly get the velco to reach and hold on the outside. Any suggestions would be a big help.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumseybear View Post
    Hi Ya'll,

Haven't posted in a while. Been busy with Scout Camp and work. I just came back from a week of Summer Camp and used my Clark all week. Wow what a better way to spend a week at camp. Some of us left on Thursday to do an over night Kayak/Canoe Trip and I left the Clark Hanging and took my spare Speer Hammock which was nice to have the extra so I didn't have to take down the Clark. The Speer worked just fine with my Poncho Liner for extra warmth under the Hammock.

Pictures from left are my Speer and Tinalouise's Clark Jungle, second from left is at scout camp you can see our Clarks in the background behind the Camp Tents, we were using these for walk in closets, the next three are of the Cape fear River and the camp site we were using(Notice the dark spots on the ground, they are Cow Patties)

My question is how to get the Clark back in the stuff stack small and compact. I have come to realize that it will not get as small as the picture on Clarks website shows it but I must be doing something wrong because it is huge and I can hardly get the velco to reach and hold on the outside. Any suggestions would be a big help.

Thanks
    well I can not find the thread to show the embeding video process
    and if you just put [youtube] and the last numbers [youtube] it does not work
    for what ever reason and to think I use to know the code for it so here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph50ib9JSds
    Last edited by cavediver2; 07-16-2009 at 22:01.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies

Thanks
    Hey, I watched the you-tube link and that is pretty neat but it's not the way I ended up stuffing my clark.
    I pull out the stuff sack and let it hang while I start taking the hammock down. By pulling out the sack, I have a "eye-ball" guide to where I will be stuffing. Next, untie the ropes that hold your netting. I have the tarp seperate and will either take it down last if it's bad weather or first in nice weather. I've also made a seperate stuff sack for it. Nice weather I may put it with the hammock in the same stuff sack but still in it's own bag. I just don't want a wet tarp in with my hammock. Ok, back to the hammock. The stuff sack is at the foot end on my Tropical. I like to take down the ropes on the head end and start rolling the whole hammock towards the stuff sack. When I reach the sack, I just sort of fold it into the sack. Then I untie the foot end and stuff it into the sack. That way when I put up the hammock again, the foot rope is the first thing I see when I open the sack. After pushing everything into the sack, just pull the flap over and stick it onto the velcro. If it's not tight enough, pull on it a bit, it'll fit!!! I also put my straps into the stuff sack unless they're wet then they go with the tarp. So basicly, I roll most of my hammock up. The only real stuffing is only at the foot end.
    Nice pictures, by the way Doesn't really do justice to all the cow patties or the poisen ivy, the muck and the 20' drop that's right behind us
    TinaLouise

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    I have never used the attached stuff sack for the Clark. I created a Black Bishop bag, and have always used that. I've never found a good stuff sack system that was permanently attached to a hammock. They work, and you'll never misplace the stuff sack, but I just don't like them that much.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    I don't want to go into depth but the video shows how I do it. I untie the head end and grab a bunch up and start stuffing into the pocket turned inside out while walking to the foot end mean while still stuffing in to the pocket and untie it from tree and stuff the remaining rope into the pocket and either hold against my chest or take to picnic table,truck log or something and put the pocket into stuff sack like a pillow case then put some pressure on it to push air out and then velcro.

If you stuff it instead of rolling it up it might be able to squash down small enough to velcro it closed.

To each there own.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks for the responses; I have seen that video before. I pretty much do it like you've mentioned but I thought I would post the questions just to see if there is some other "magical way" to get it as small as Clark shows it.

By the way have yoiu heard anymore form Clark about that extra line of velcro. I can hardly stand this waiting, I keep checking their website. I know I am going to need some kind of uq other than the poncho liner when it gets colder and I am trying my best not to order something now and wish I had saved the money for what Clark has coming.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Thanks for the responses; I have seen that video before. I pretty much do it like you've mentioned but I thought I would post the questions just to see if there is some other "magical way" to get it as small as Clark shows it.

By the way have yoiu heard anymore form Clark about that extra line of velcro. I can hardly stand this waiting, I keep checking their website. I know I am going to need some kind of uq other than the poncho liner when it gets colder and I am trying my best not to order something now and wish I had saved the money for what Clark has coming.
    I think i posted it on another thread but will repost: The Velcro is for an up an coming underquilt that has not been released yet.

I do it pretty much like on youtube and I can actually get it smaller. I have more than I need.
    It's an art.

Have a NA camo with xl fly and it all fits.

Hammock
    Wraith UL, XLC ,Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    I think i posted it on another thread but will repost: The Velcro is for an up an coming underquilt that has not been released yet.

Any idea of a release date?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast