Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Banana Hut a DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Its hard to pass up that call have a great time. See you at one of the other hangs.
    Quote Originally Posted by GravityOutdoors View Post
    The tractor beam from the Superior Hiking trail has me firmly in its grasp. I was looking forward to joining you folks in the fall colors....but....I....must....go....North. Catch you next time.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Banana Hut a DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Good to see your going to make it Ice man and thanks for the tips on helping people out find their way. Plus over by the head quarters on the west side is a Kiosa, Right off the main road. There you can get maps and info plus a hand pump at a well to get water from. And the trail head that will carry you up a hill to Wendel and you will pass Schultz keep going and you will come up on Browns hollow
    Quote Originally Posted by ice man View Post
    Since some of You Never been there before, here's detailed directions: register at HQ, then go East (?) about a hundred yards on the blacktop rd. This is the lumber mill. drive over toward the porta potty, turn right down the "road." go past the Fire tower and eventually you get to Browns hollow parking area. There will be other vehicles there. It's about a half mile hike back in. Look forward to seeing ya. also looking forward to someone showing how to get to Glen Wendel area.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Banana Hut a DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Hope to see you there Mojoe. Still looking like great weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojoe View Post
    I'll try to make this one. I haven't been to YRSF yet this year.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Banana Hut a DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Friday night will be at Brown's Hollow Camp. Then we will hike to the head quarters to have pork sandwiches for lunch noonish on Saturday. Lunch is my treat. Water is there so anyone that needs can restock and then a short hike up to Camp Glen Wendel for Saturday night. Sunday morning we can shuttle people back to the parking by Browns Hollow for those interested.

Here is a link to the YRSF. If you scroll to the bottom it has maps for forest area..
    http://www.iowadnr.gov/Destinations/...ateForest.aspx

Looks like we are going to have great weather that weekend, and the colors on the trees are really popping. If they don't get blown away, its going to be a beautiful weekend.

See Ya there !!!

Hammock
    WL Snipe/Modded ENO DN
    Tarp
    SOOPAFLY/WLTadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 3/4 Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Straps or Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal View Post
    That's pretty much right If you park at the South end of the forest on firetower road Browns Hollow and Schultz are just about the same distance from parking. I don't know if you ever been to Browns Hollow before its a great place with lots of room and good spots to setup. In fact I was think at one time to just keep it there because it can hold a lot of people. People could just go on hikes and leave some of their gear if someone was staying at camp. Then its just a short hike past the fire tower to Wendell Here is a site with maps just click on it and scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see where to click for maps. Ill be parking at the south end by browns hollow. You going to make it?
    I'm gonna be there! Just had to see how thing were at work this week before I committed for sure. But now I'm good. Gonna start packing my stuff now! I'm planning on getting there in the early afternoon. Ready to get my gang on! Does anybody know if Fire tower road will get me to the Browns hollow parking lot coming in from the south side of the park? On one map it looks like Fire Tower goes all the way through the park. Another map it looked like it turns into a trail?
    "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence."-Robert Frost

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Yes, the fire tower road will get you there.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Banana Hut a DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Pork is cooking, Gear is getting packed, Fuel is in the truck and the give aways are in the bag. See you guys there.

Hammock
    Clark TX 250
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    Still having a swap meet? I have several packs loaded in the car along with some other goodies. Trying to clean out the garage and dig down to the (gasp!) snow blower. Out the door and east bound.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Images
    I hope to be there by late afternoon/early evening. Getting a little bit of a late start.

Nothing to swap at present, I don't think, but if I come across anything, I'll chuck it in.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Banana Hut a DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Don't worry if you don't have nothing to swap. Im heading out there right now. See you there
    Quote Originally Posted by sueb2b View Post
    I hope to be there by late afternoon/early evening. Getting a little bit of a late start.

Nothing to swap at present, I don't think, but if I come across anything, I'll chuck it in.

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast