Hi there hammock people, I'm merpmerp and I'm writing to you today from Skagway, Alaska!

First off, I'd like to thank you all for the amazing resources you've contributed to the board, I can honestly say I'd be lost without your collective wisdom.

While I'm an avid camper and backpacker I didn't own a hammock prior to last June - the weather up here was hitting 70/80 degrees consistently so on a whim I picked up an ENO DoubleNest to take up to the lake for afternoon fishing trips. I fell in love instantly! Over the next several months I was inseparable from my DN - I took it with me everywhere and used any excuse to hang up the hammock and take a load off.

IMG_9036.JPG
Beer break @ Yosemite Valley in Nov 2013

IMG_9337.JPG
Dog Lake @ Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite Nov 2013

IMG_9542.JPG
70 degrees in January! Fremont, CA

IMG_0056.JPG
Spring sunshine in Alaska!

IMG_0274.JPG
Lunch break at work

There's one spot in particular that I love backpacking into with friends but it's seriously lacking flat, open, rock free areas to set up tents - roughly 6 spots for tents is not enough! It's the perfect place to take a hammock except it's right on the fjord and subject to sudden strong winds and rain. After some reading, it seemed like a WarBonnet SuperFly was the ideal companion for my hammock. Unfortunately the backlog as of last August was somewhere around 2 months for a tarp! Bummer.

Just a few weeks ago I revisited the idea of picking up a tarp and was relieved to find the backlog over at WarBonnet has been reduced to 2 weeks! I placed my order on June 8 and it was delivered and in my hands by June 23 - perfect!

Unfortunately elements beyond my control have prevented me from making good use of the new tarp this week - weather, work, family visits, social obligations - so for now I'll have to settle for learning proper knots and figure out how to set things up (under favorable conditions.)

image.jpeg

Once again, thanks everyone for your help, I hope I can contribute some day as well.

Bye!