ENO Doublenest, GT SBP, DIY
    Tarp
    ENO and GT
    Insulation
    ENO Ember/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Atlas, Whoppie

Byer Traveller Hammock conversion

When I first started getting into the hammock frame of mind, I purchased a Byer Easy Traveller Hammock. It has different chord straps that are not good for much. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and tried to convert this to a regular hammock that one can use with tree straps by replacing the cordage with standard line and using those with clips/beeners?

I know your load weight is lower as it states it as 250lb, but something my daughter could use for reading and relaxing is what I am looking to switch to. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Banned
    Hammock
    Cotton Amazonian, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Kelty, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    uq or pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images

Replace rope with Amsteel and webbing should be easy.

I have not used that particular model but do have one very cheap hammock that I think is from Byer. It should be very easy to swap out the rope it came with for a continuous loop of Amsteel or whatever you prefer, then attach this to a tree hugger webbing strap or something from www.Dutchweargear.com or www.readystrap.com or webbing you sew loops into yourself. Use carabiner or Dutch clips, MSH or whatever, its all good. Note that the continuous spliced loop of Amsteel used on Warbonnet hammocks is typically made of thicker 1/4" cord not the very thin stuff, less stress on the channel, but you can use whatever you want or run it thru twice. Thin cord is good for backpacking but for around the house and yard I prefer thicker cord it damages the fabric less. I may not have understood your question very well, hope this helps. I have used a bunch of hammocks over the last 5 decades, the weak ones just fail at the seams etc but no big deal, just replace them, some last longer than a flat bed mattress.

• + New Posts