Hammock
    TTTM Double, WBBB XLC 1.7 Double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, DD3X3
    Insulation
    UKhammocks TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    WS and Treehuggers
    Lol @Jim52, indeed we're dealing in an addiction! Put up my TTTM last trip and had a nap in it and later that evening my brother had a nap in it, think that pushed him over the edge... He just received his WBBB XLC with UKhammocks Quilts.
    I generally don't loan out much gear, except for stuff that's about full proof or I don't really care about. Or in the exception I loan it out to my brother, in general he is more carefull with anyones stuff then they themselves.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG, TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie
    I loaned out my Gregory backpack to my nephew. It was his first backpacking trip. I was thinking there is nothing he could do to hurt this thing, it's bomb proof.
    I've haven't seen my Gregory since... He said he got lost, panicked,took off my backpack & ran.
    So if anybody found a nice Gregory backpack in the Sipsey wilderness, please let me know...

Hammock
    Dogger special
    Tarp
    HG CF 12' camo
    Insulation
    HG Buro & Incu 0+2
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Images
    Someone at work a few weeks back asked me to borrow one of my hammocks and tarp. I said sure with a $500 deposit. Needless to say he didn't want that great offer.
    Life has no remote. Get up and change it yourself!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Lots of TMI in this thread. Probably best not to loan hammocks!

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-it-s-cold-out!!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    I loaned out my Claytor jungle hammock to a buddy over the weekend of the 4th while up in wisconsin. Long story short, we drank quite a bit while enjoying the weekend and my friend who borrowed the hammock couldn't handle the hammock swing or "bed spins" as he called them. The next morning i woke up to find my hammock and himself sitting in a bowl of puke. No real harm done, as he's one of my best friends so he paid me the full price for the thing as soon as we got home and i quickly ordered up a replacement.

GOOD TIMES!!!

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    DD 10'x10'
    Insulation
    SI mat, 3/4 UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/cinch buckl
    I have had some bad experiences loaning out gear. Nowadays I consider how well they look after their own gear before I loan anything to them. If I am going to loan something to someone now that could be expensive to replace or repair if damaged, I don't hesitate in saying that I am happy to loan xxxx to them on the condition that they make good on any damage or loss. It makes them think twice about loaning it, and makes sure that they take care using it. I always say that it's nothing personal and that I would expect them to set the same condition. If they don't agree then they can always buy or hire their own.

I hasten to add that this condition only applies to loaning out gear that isn't essential for their wellbeing or normal life needs. If a mate hits hard times and needs something essential, it's a different approach altogether. I will loan them what they need as if it is a gift and take the risk that it might not come back in one piece or at all.

Hammock
    Human
    Tarp
    Typhoon and DIY
    Insulation
    Philippines
    Suspension
    UCR
    What irks me is the guy who neglects to bring stuff then since YOU got extra, wants to take the better of what you got. Or complains about what you lent him when he'd be worse off without it. That guy don't get any more of my gear....

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I guess I have been lucky. I have loan out hammocks and UQs at hangs and have never had an issue.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    I've been lucky, too. I just got a bridge hammock back in the mail this morning. Doubly lucky, actually - I'd received it as an unexpected gift from another forum member. I remind myself when I offer to lend something that I'm the one taking the risk. It might turn out to be a gift.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    I have yet to have loaned gear get ruined, but boy do I watch it like a hawk.

I loaned my wbbb 1.1 to someone to sleep in while I used my bias wwm. They got in and I looked set them and saw his boots were on! I yelled and he promptly took them off, my wbbb is like my baby xP.

But alas he did not sleep in it through the night. I had brought an extra under quilt but he insisted on not using it. After my attempts to change his mind I said ooookayyyyy then, and went to sleep. In the morning I found him in our friends tent and he told me it got too cold for him at night. I said seeeeee.....lol

Needless to say I checked my hammock over with a "fine tooth comb" when I got to my apartment.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast