"No Business Knob"

Boy, do I love the names of the geographic features back there.

I also like and miss the central and Southern Appalachian terms like branch, stamp, run (creek), knob, gap, hollows, slicks, sods, and lick (mineral deposit where the woodland bison used to lick before they were extinct?). Much more colorful than plain 'ole meadow, pass, creek or ridge.

In New England, they call passes notches.

Is that all of them?