Hi, newb here. #1 post, but i've been lurking for awhile. I successfully made my first asym speer style hammock today based off of headchange's HH DIY thread (thank you for that BTW). I got a very nice hammock built out of the info out of the thread. My idea or question is that I sewed guy-out straps 42" from the ends. This "fit" me about right anatomically, but I noticed there are parts of the sides that are droopy and not taught. By taught I just want the slack taken out, not tight. With no shoulder sqeeze I figured this would do. I'm a little confused about the "rolling", but I made a "W" with the ends on each side of center and then whipped. I can't say that I know if doing it differently would create more of a pocket, but it was comfortable. So back to the question. While laying in my hammock I wondered if when you hemmed the edges why not throw a cord all around through it and out the ends, then you could attach a non structural ridgeline to the ends and it would keep the slack out of the sides. Kind of like the "loopy thingy" headchange uses on his design. But also you could reverse roll hem it on the outside and leave little 1" slits every few inches so that you have access to the cord and could side tie the guy-outs off of this. This way you could have different places for adjustment. Do you guys follow me so far? Has anybody tried this yet? Based on todays results i'm probably not going to use my tent very often. I fell asleep for 1.5 hours in my hammock today without even recalling trying to fall asleep It was that comfortable. Thanks for the info. I'll be hanging around for awhile, no pun intented. I'll have pics up on my myspace account in the next hour.

www.myspace.com/dougkinney

Doug