Hammock
    One from Brazil
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles

Hello from Kentucky!

Howdy!

I've only been a lurker/member for a few days now, but I've already been learning so much. My wife and I spent 28 days in Brazil earlier this year as part of the process of becoming missionaries there. One of the first things they did was take us to go buy hammocks so we would have a place to sleep when traveling to other towns. Growing up in Florida, we had a hammock in the back yard that was one of those rope ones with large stretcher bars. It was comfortable, but very different than what we got in Brazil. The ones we got are much more comfortable for sleeping!

We realized that a hammock there is sort of like having a sleeping bag here as a kid. Everywhere you go will have hooks and ropes to hang your hammock. But that's not true here. After reading so many different ways to hang a hammock from trees, I ordered us each a set of cinch buckle suspension kits from Dutch. They should be here today, but probably not before I leave for work. The waiting is killing me!

Then just reading on the forums today, I stumbled across the Dutch G Clip. Now I'm wanting those instead of just the regular Dutch clips I ordered just for some additional flexibility. So now I am itching to change up a system I haven't even tried yet! I keep telling myself the urge to try new things will go away, but somehow I doubt it...

Anyway, I've posted a picture from the first time I slept in a hammock. It's just as we're leaving for an overnight boat trip down the Tapajos river from Itaituba, Brazil to Santarem, Brazil. Our hammocks are the dark green one and the blue one just past the garment bag. DSCN1026.jpg

Hey back atcha from Lawrenceburg, KY. That's cool that they have hang spots everywhere down there.

Hammock
    GT Double
    Tarp
    DIY Painters 4mil
    Suspension
    Straps Whoopie MSH
    Wow - that's very interesting - and welcome from Hershey, PA!

Hammock
    Mackinac Bridge
    Tarp
    DCF
    Insulation
    Grey Goose Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphinjon View Post
    After reading so many different ways to hang a hammock from trees, I ordered us each a set of cinch buckle suspension kits from Dutch. They should be here today, but probably not before I leave for work. The waiting is killing me!

Then just reading on the forums today, I stumbled across the Dutch G Clip. Now I'm wanting those instead of just the regular Dutch clips I ordered just for some additional flexibility. So now I am itching to change up a system I haven't even tried yet! I keep telling myself the urge to try new things will go away, but somehow I doubt it...
    Well, your instincts are spot on. That urge never passes. Welcome to the madness and enjoy!

• + New Posts