Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Every time

May I see your Warbonnet Lynx in Minnesota?

I'm fixin to make a winter underquilt for my new Ridgerunner. The Lynx just looks so ideal for the hammock but I can't get myself to drop $265 on something I can (attempt to) make myself. It won't be nearly as nice as Warbonnet's...but I already have the materials so I want to give it a whirl.

I'd love to take some key measurements from an existing full length Lynx to get the dimensions dialed. Does anybody own a full length Lynx they are willing to set up so I can measure?

I live just south of St. Paul, MN

Much appreciated!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Let me tell you a story.................I have a 0 degree full length lynx I use for winter camping. I wanted to do the same thing you are doing--make a copy/clone for summer and early fall. So, I measured carefully and gave it my best try. End result is a servicable 3 season quilt, but............................................... ..its only a very crude copy of the lynx. Brandon is a real wizard when it comes to UQ design. If you look carefully at the lynx, hes got all sorts of crazy tapers and baffles built into it so it fits perfectly. (I would even go so far as to say that unless you deconstructed a lynx, I don't think you could even come close to making a really good copy) I don't regret giving it a try, and the end result is very usable, but I doubt I will ever do anything like that again. But if you really want to try, I could take a few measurments for you..........................................
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Every time
    Thanks Stevebo. I appreciate your willingness to spend the effort. I'll try to get my eyes on one here locally before I ask you to get into the weeds. Most of my questions surround the depth of the cat cuts and the overall length/width. I'll likely just measure out the hammock body itself and go for it.

Warbonnet's design and craftsmanship are really admirable. Both my superfly and this ridgerunner are top shelf and worth the $$$.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Good luck with your project---dont forget to post pictures!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    I don't own a Lynx...yet...but maybe this will help some.
    I recently read every post in the Ridgeline introduction thread as I was making my decision on a purchase. I remember Brandon posting that the actual insulation area of the Lynx was 20" at the head, 33" at the shoulders, and 24" at the foot (mummy shaped). The actual material, insulated area and borders, is hour glass shaped with approx. 6" cat cut.
    I made a summer weight Lynx-like quilt from a poncho liner. It is supposed to get down to the mid 50's tonite so it will get its' first test.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Every time
    Thanks Passinthru, looks like we have the same kit. I slept in my Ridgerunner last night and really enjoyed it - although I need a better pillow solution. My inflatable ripstop pillow on the ripstop hammock body was so slick it was hard to keep my nugget on top of things. My previous gathered end hammock held it in place for me.

Thanks for the dimensions. I measured the weighted hammock (patient wife) and it is 29" at the most narrow portion of the hourglass...so I'm guessing the Lynx insulation flares from 28ish to 33ish at the shoulder. Very helpful. Thanks again.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by GravityOutdoors View Post
    Thanks for the dimensions. I measured the weighted hammock (patient wife) and it is 29" at the most narrow portion of the hourglass...so I'm guessing the Lynx insulation flares from 28ish to 33ish at the shoulder. Very helpful. Thanks again.
    I made mine an hourglass shape. The ends are 39" and the center is 27". It covers the bottom fabric nearly edge to edge but could have been 1" larger in both dimensions and still work. I left the poncho liner at its full length and it wraps up around both the head and foot ends slightly. Seems like a good fit and I used shock cord around the entire perimeter to cinch it up. Tonite will be the first test.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

• + New Posts