Travel Hammock Velco

Hi

First I must say that DD Hammocks have been no problem at all. They have offered me a refund or a discount on their product.

I have recently joined this forum and purchsed a DD Travel Hammock together with a HH Ultra Backpacking Aym to get the feel of things. My 7 year old son immidiately showed greater interest in the Travel Hammock I think because he liked the idea of the bugnet being unzippable. I intend to get a mod done on the HH but thats another issue.

The Travel Hammock's velcro were really mis -aligned. Being completetly ignorant to the who hammock experience I thought it was more by design to accomadate the sag of the hammock once it had weight inside it. However with a Thermarest placed between the two layers the velcro would not stay closed once my son got in the hammock.

Should I return it for a replacement or look at a discount?

One night trial in the garden in London UK over the weekend (I should imagine lows would be 55-60)

I found that my son was soaking wet from sweat with the Thermarest placed between the 2 layers whilst I was not like that at all just on top of a Prolite 3 short inside the HH.

Is the fact the Travel Hammock is claimed to be waterproof the issue here.

Feedback please

Thanks in advance

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I'd say go for replacement since you are in England and won't have to pay such a high shiiping cost we get from DD here in the States. Now if you have a need for another hammock maybe the dicount would do you better.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I'd say go for replacement since you are in England and won't have to pay such a high shiiping cost we get from DD here in the States. Now if you have a need for another hammock maybe the dicount would do you better.

On this point if anyone in US requires any DD products and would want me to send them goods just PM me. I believe in giving back what I take and I have been helped out by a good number of US forum members (from other sites) with regard to importing US goods into UK. I can supply references if there is any concern about a newbie offering this kind of service. Here in the UK we have to contend with import duty, VAT and the most ridiculous handling fee that is assocoiated with nearly everything the comes in from US. I trust it might be the same the other way around.

"Hanging in a better place now H.I.P Andy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrrad View Post
    Hi

First I must say that DD Hammocks have been no problem at all. They have offered me a refund or a discount on their product.

I have recently joined this forum and purchsed a DD Travel Hammock together with a HH Ultra Backpacking Aym to get the feel of things. My 7 year old son immidiately showed greater interest in the Travel Hammock I think because he liked the idea of the bugnet being unzippable. I intend to get a mod done on the HH but thats another issue.

The Travel Hammock's velcro were really mis -aligned. Being completetly ignorant to the who hammock experience I thought it was more by design to accomadate the sag of the hammock once it had weight inside it. However with a Thermarest placed between the two layers the velcro would not stay closed once my son got in the hammock.

Should I return it for a replacement or look at a discount?

One night trial in the garden in London UK over the weekend (I should imagine lows would be 55-60)

I found that my son was soaking wet from sweat with the Thermarest placed between the 2 layers whilst I was not like that at all just on top of a Prolite 3 short inside the HH.

Is the fact the Travel Hammock is claimed to be waterproof the issue here.

Feedback please

Thanks in advance
    Go for a refund mate, Nick at DD is really helpful and will sort you out no problem. Sounds like you might have had one of the seconds they do. HTH

Andy

• + New Posts