WBRR
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Very unhappy with Kammok

So I have a bank account that I put money into when I save it up to spend on my recreational things, or rather things that are just for me and not family related. Recently I purchased a Kammok Roo before doing my research, which I quickly regretted. Luckily I purchased it at a dealer instead of from Kammok and they gave me no hassle at all in returning it. Around the same time I also purchased the Kammok Dragonfly to go with it from the Kammok site, however not an hour later I decided not to keep the Roo and spoke with the live chat on the Kammok site about canceling the order before I was charged and the order processed. My initial impressions were that it went smoothly. I received an email a short time after I initially placed the order from both Kammok and PayPal saying the order had been refunded, and my PayPal dashboard showed the same. I put it out of my mind and decided to use the money instead on a few smaller items that I needed at the time. This all happened on a Friday at around 10AM. I was extremely surprised to receive an email on Monday morning from Kammok saying that my Dragonfly bug net had shipped and that I needed to reject it when it arrived. Getting a little worried at their dropping the ball, I check my secondary bank account to find out that Monday morning I received a charge for exactly $75.00, the same price as the Kammok Dragonfly with free shipping had been applied to my account. Funny considering my PayPal dashboard has no record of the charge at all. Something that was not so funny was the $144.00 applied to my account in overdraft fees for four of the small items I bought with the account. I have now spent two days being fed small comments about being on hold with Paypal, unable to find a record for it, etc. from Kammok support. Needless to say, I am more than a little miffed with this company and would recommend everyone treat them as if they are carrying smallpox and run the opposite direction. All in all, I am now going to be waiting quite a bit longer to save up for the Warbonnet I had planned to purchase this week.
    Last edited by Razorkeen; 07-15-2014 at 15:56.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    That's unfortunate. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon and you can get on with the business of hanging.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Sorry you got screwed. Not shocked. I always give changes a couple of days to gel as one hand often does not talk to the other in on line business. More than on line in reality. In your case customer service probably processed the order in real time and shipping printed the label and paperwork for the stock pullers. Customer service should have advised you that would happen but did not. When the order was canceled it was already too late unless they are able to physically walk over and pull the order from the shipping stream. A lot of places cannot do that.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    DIY UCR and straps
    Forget trying to deal with Kammok, they have terrible customer service. Just go direct to Paypal and raise a dispute. Don't know if they can do anything about the overdraft fees though.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    At this point I am not very optimistic about recovering my losses. I just wanted to warn anyone who did not already know that they are better off staying away from them, and if they feel the need to purchase their products, to do so from a retailer and not from Kammok themselves. I was told about an hour ago that I would have a resolution within 24 hours. If it doesn't happen, PayPal will be my next stop. I have also been informed that they processed two orders in my name instead of one, which considering I only received one order number is a mystery to me. Either the C/S didn't know what they were talking about, or their ordering service is a bigger joke than I've encountered before.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    A friend of mine had a bad experience with them, and the same as you.. got killed in overdrafts.

What you do, is get a green dot debit card.. it comes with an account and routing number for direct deposit that you can use as bank verification on paypal. Save your $.. then spend the $5 fee to put the $ straight into your paypal via a greendot money pak.

I was "Accidently" double charged by a supplier (none on here) and it would have seriously screwed me.. I made like 15 purchases in a span of an hour.. if they had all bounced.. I can't even think about it. Instead, my paypal account simply went negative, as they tried to draw from my "bank account" and couldn't. It was fixed within an hour, and I wasn't out a dime

Yea.. your out $5 to buy the money pak.. but the fact I never have to worry about something happening to my bank account is worth it.

edit. Paypal and greendot are owned by the same company (ebay) and the customer service is the same.. When I called paypal to verify the bank account, they helped me through setting up the greendot as well.

Banned
    Hammock
    Cotton Amazonian, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Kelty, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    uq or pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images

Reasonable protection, we all get burned from time to time

That is really rough. At least it does not sound like intentional fraud just poor/typical customer service. Overdraft protect and fraud protect is probably more important today than ever. The estimates are that between 50 - 70% of people are victims of actual credit and bank fraud many never figured it out because the thieves steal just enough not to raise suspicion. Also many people you know are to embarrassed to talk about it. Bottom line don't be paranoid but be reasonably protected.
    I was disappointed "Kammok" did not turn out to be a better company, they started out with great promise.

Edit: I have a very conservative elderly mother, it was difficult trying to convince her that credit cards are not the invention of the Devil and that just one for occasional use is OK and actually safer than a debit card for mail order and online purchases. Life is very complicated I dread what it will be like when I am 80 -100 years old.
    Last edited by ntxkayakr; 07-16-2014 at 09:37. Reason: Edit: CC safer than debit card

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I have found using a debit card or credit card to pay is the safest way for me. With my debit card there is a limited amount of money in the account. The debit card is not attached to another account, so the balance on the card is the most that can be removed. My credit card offers the feature of giving me a "One time use number" for the exact amount of $ I owe for merchandise. There by, a merchant can not charge me more than we have agreed to. Yes, I have had merchants agree to one price and then when I receive my statement they have charged me more than the agreed price.

THANK YOU FOR THE WARNING.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    DIY UCR and straps
    Quote Originally Posted by ntxkayakr View Post
    I was disappointed "Kammok" did not turn out to be a better company, they started out with great promise.
    As I said in another thread there's nothing wrong with their products (though they're not revolutionary either) but they're pretty typical of a lot of startups these days. They're all about the social media hype and when it comes down to it there's nothing at all there of substance to make them someone you want to deal with. Their customer service is amongst the worst I've come across and this in turn means their so called lifetime warranty is worthless. They couldn't replace a simple missing part from my tarp and there's still people waiting to even receive anything from their Kickstarter campaign and we're coming up to a year on that.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Well after bouncing around for about a week I was finally informed that Kammok could not or would not, depending on which person I spoke with, do anything about this. After speaking with PayPal for several days I was refunded the $75.00. As I assumed, nothing to be done about the extra charges. Hard lesson learned I suppose.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast