Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Thread has shipped, lets see what gets here first.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Diy is on its way via 1st class mail, still not sure how magna will arive or when because, although it shows shipped I have not gotten a confirmation and as always dutch is on top with a confirmation and del date of 7-23. So tomorrow I can start splicing. I have some extra zing it. I was going to make thr rl's ahead of time, but as I am not sure the exact hammock lenth yet I will wait. I will make it adjustable but want it to be set in the middle with adjustablility as far in each direction.

Hammock
    MIYANC CUSTOM
    Tarp
    YUKON DIAMOND
    Insulation
    SWEET BABY LOVIN
    Suspension
    MIYANC DIY CUSTOM
    Love the updates, makes me look forward to it more and more! Purchased two hammock traps today to complete set up. Is there anything else I should be thinking about getting? I think we will do the DIY under quilt by using a second sleeping bag under the hammock, if needed depending on weather for the trip.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SirLips View Post
    Love the updates, makes me look forward to it more and more! Purchased two hammock traps today to complete set up. Is there anything else I should be thinking about getting? I think we will do the DIY under quilt by using a second sleeping bag under the hammock, if needed depending on weather for the trip.
    I would get some permithrin. Give evrything a good soak. You may want to explore dutch's store ( dutch buckles, cinch buckles, whoopie hooks, stuff for the tarps if needed) .

Another thing to think about is that deet can be harmful to nylon. I havent given it thought, but I also dont use it to much. I mostly use permithrin on my gear, a bug net and I also bring my son, who attracts all the bugs. He sleeps in his bag so I can apply him with enough spray.
    If you need help modifying the bag just post a thread in the diy. I gave you some ideas but they may be able to put a video link up.

Way to go Miyanc. You could have saved yourself some time and got the woot hammocks today though... :-)

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jdk View Post
    Way to go Miyanc. You could have saved yourself some time and got the woot hammocks today though... :-)
    Its not about the time. I could have saved myself from all this by not volunteering. I am sure sirlips could have found something possibly cheaper and less hassle. There is something to having this process play out. But thats the best part of this site and what we do. We have some many options to do it anyway we want.

Hammock
    MIYANC CUSTOM
    Tarp
    YUKON DIAMOND
    Insulation
    SWEET BABY LOVIN
    Suspension
    MIYANC DIY CUSTOM
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    Its not about the time. I could have saved myself from all this by not volunteering. I am sure sirlips could have found something possibly cheaper and less hassle. There is something to having this process play out. But thats the best part of this site and what we do. We have some many options to do it anyway we want.
    And that's all there needs to be said about that. Well stated. When I saw the woot deal I didn't think for a second that I should have waited. I'm learning more this way, it's made how we want it and it's a community thing. Custom vs store bought? Custom for the win.

Just watched five more hours of hammock youtube vids... I doubt a $20 woot hammock gets many people that excited.

I have officially drank the cool aid.

Quote Originally Posted by SirLips View Post
    And that's all there needs to be said about that. Well stated. When I saw the woot deal I didn't think for a second that I should have waited. I'm learning more this way, it's made how we want it and it's a community thing. Custom vs store bought? Custom for the win.

Just watched five more hours of hammock youtube vids... I doubt a $20 woot hammock gets many people that excited.

I have officially drank the cool aid.
    I was just poking a bit fun at him. Sorry I didn't inlude a smiley. EDIT: actually, I did! He is (as you already know) a nice guy.

The woot hammocks are fine and work well, but do have their drawbacks. The netted ones are great for kids and you really can't beat the price when you consider the material and labor cost. I have also been experimenting with my own diy hammocks to see what I do and don't like. HYOH

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    Everyone is innocent in shawshank
    miyanc,
    If you ever get up this way, look me up and we'll go on a walking tour of the old prison where this movie was filmed.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    miyanc,
    If you ever get up this way, look me up and we'll go on a walking tour of the old prison where this movie was filmed.
    I think you just gave me a reason to be there. Do they also do haunted night tours?

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast