Hammock
    Hennessy Epd deluxe
    Tarp
    Equinox 10 x 12

Pad user looking for help

I spent my first night out in my Explorer deluxe. I use a inflatable pad until I can build or buy an under quilt. I found using the bottom entry and trying to use a pad very clumsy. Any one have a tip or technique that might make tonight a little easier.

Thanks
    Ps here the pic from first night out.

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird/WB RR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    AE New River MM TQ
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    I have tried using a pad with my HH Exped. What seemed to work for me was to roll the pad up, put it in the Exped and position it so its partially unrolled, turn around and sit on the pad and unroll the rest under your legs as you lay back. I still found myself wrestling with it to get it just right and that is why I prefer my 2QZQ mod. I'm sure if anyone was looking at my hammock from a distance they had to be wondering what all the thrashing around was about.

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    I tried a thermarest classic in my hennessy one night. The trick with it was to under inflate it a little so it bends. There's really no easy way to use a pad in a hammock, IMO.
    There was such a world of difference using the underquilt. My advice would be, get an under quilt ASAP. Until then, you have to sort of push the pad out of the way, get the bottom entry closed up, and to those outside the hammock, have that "I have to get my stuff straight" seizure-looking movement. I still do that in my hammock when I change clothes or try to get my quilt system straight. You should see me in the winter, trying to pul the liner up under me, then shoving the feet into the foot box of my top quilt, and tucking the sides under. It's all quite a sight.
    Of course, about thirty minutes after getting settled, I have to pee.
    For more info, read:

My personal blog

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Been there, done that a while back (2008). My solution for the Hennessy was the 2QZQ mod with a zipper or you may want both sides with zippers. Sew the bottom hole shut. They do that also. inflatable pads are a pain inside a single layer, no matter which variety you have. UQs solve most of the problem, most of the time. When you have funds, buy a double layer hammock and use a CCF pad between the layers when you need extra insulation.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

• + New Posts