ENO DN
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, EE Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by eggcentric View Post
    is there a group hang for the atlanta area? im really into hammock camping though ive never been. I hang it in my yard weekly just for the swing. I really want to test out for an overnighter. anyone down for a lil trip? i would love to meet some fellow hangers.
    Not that I'm aware of, but I hang frequently on my back porch in Ormewood Park. If you hang it, they will come!

Seriously, just keep an eye on the SE hangs. My boys and I had a great time at John Rock in NC (well worth the 3 hour drive especially since we needed to go up there anyway). I see one for Raven Cliffs (near Helen) this coming weekend that you might check out.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7/Mtn wilderness
    Tarp
    Mountain Wildernes
    Insulation
    WL tq HYOH uq
    Suspension
    WB straps
    My 2 tarps and mosquito hammock are on my front porch waiting until I get home. Got the tarps for my daughters, and an extra mosquito for a backup. I couldn't pass up $20 and I have been pleased with their hammocks. Stay tuned. Maybe it will rain this weekend....

Hammock
    SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    Dragonfly Pro
    Insulation
    SLD QuikHang UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhagan View Post
    My 2 tarps and mosquito hammock are on my front porch waiting until I get home. Got the tarps for my daughters, and an extra mosquito for a backup. I couldn't pass up $20 and I have been pleased with their hammocks. Stay tuned. Maybe it will rain this weekend....
    REALLY curious about the tarps... I ordered 2, but mine are in transit and I won't be in town to get them until Monday...

It looks like grommets at the tie out points, but for $20 I can live with that. Please post some real pics and and some information when you get them opened.

Thanks!

Hammock
    Yukon Outfitters double
    Tarp
    still looking
    Suspension
    Whoopies or straps
    Man, Mine hasn't even shipped yet. It still shows that they are putting the order together.

Hammock
    MIYANC CUSTOM
    Tarp
    YUKON DIAMOND
    Insulation
    SWEET BABY LOVIN
    Suspension
    MIYANC DIY CUSTOM
    Just looked, my 2 are being dropped off today.

Hammock
    GT SB-Pro, Infinity, Yukon, Vivere
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9'6
    Insulation
    SleepBagThermaRest
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopies,adjSRL
    Tarp arrived today, looks nice. Heavily reinforced corners are very good but grommets instead of tie outs is bad. Nothing I can't fix. Looks made for diamond pitch, will see how it does as rectangle also. Hopefully set it up and snap some pics over the next couple of days.
    (insert pithy quote here)

Hammock
    GT SB-Pro, Infinity, Yukon, Vivere
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9'6
    Insulation
    SleepBagThermaRest
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopies,adjSRL
    The corners on the Yukon are very well done. True, they're using grommets but they have a triangle of poly tarp and a length of nylon strap sewn in before the grommet is installed. So, if you're going to use grommets, that's as good as it gets. The ridgeline is seam sealed and sewn, seems solid. All the thread injecting is well done.

I'm not a fan of diamond pitches and the Yukon does not look like it will lay well in a rectangle pitch. I hurriedly set it up in the backyard over my Trek Light Gear Double. Had 22" of overhang on either side of the hammock along the ridgeline. With the sides set steep (56" apart) my head and feet were sticking out. Moved the corners out to 80" apart and had adequate coverage. With the TLG set to be 10" off the ground with my 6'2" self in it and the Yukon pitched as close to the hammock as I could, the coverage seems adequate for mildly inclement weather.

BTW, I am merely competent, not an expert, at tarp pitching. This was the first time setting it up, straight out of the box using their stock lines and the only two trees in my backyard that I hang off of. Tried uploading pics to photobucket but for some unknown reason that did not work well. They would upload 99% then give an error. Maybe try some more after work. Want to see what the Yukon will do in a rectangular pitch.
    (insert pithy quote here)

Hammock
    Tarp
    Mountain Wildernes
    Insulation
    WL tq HYOH uq
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Did the same thing Dux. I put it up in a hurry. The only place I can pitch in my backyard was not great...too close to really get a good feel for it. I will probably use a full ridgeline under the tarp, instead of the end pulls. Quality seems good. It's thin and light. I didn't look at the seams very good to check for sealed seams. I personally like my HH for coverage, but for $20 now way was I gonna pass it up. I haven't slept under a diamond in the rain, but the coverage looks like it will work, as long as it's not a blowing rain. Maybe tomorrow I can set it up like I was going to use it. I'll try and post some pics...

Hammock
    Tarp
    Mountain Wildernes
    Insulation
    WL tq HYOH uq
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Oh! Thumbs up to WOOT! Super fast shipping for only $5!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Mambajamba
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ; HG TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing-Buckles
    Have people been able to track their packages? I received shipping notice with tracking # on Wednesday. But the tracking # still shows invalid today (Fri).

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast