Got my blackbird this morning! hung it in my bedroom and over at the neighbours using their swingset - I actually don't have trees in useful enough spots in my back yard.

Unfortunately I hadn't charged my camera but I expect I will get a few shots tomorrow and an excellent sleep tonight.

Couple of notes
- double layer is a lot warmer than my single layer Peak double hammock.

- hammock is a lot roomier and more comfy than previous hammocks tried.

- don't mistie a knot in excitement to hang it up and end up on your ***

- Seems to attract yellowjackets (wasps) like mad. hung it at the neighbours, left it unzipped while I had a beer and there were 6 of them inside the hammock. Ach! At least they know quality gear. Won't leave it unzipped outside again.

- tried to fit thermarest pad (within easy reach) in hammock - not such a good experience, needs some experimenting to have pad underneath me not on my side. Blue ccf would probably work better.

- ridgeline has considerable sag in my couple of attempts, this isn't really a problem since it is comfy this way and I understand it too be better than too tight. I will try a tighter hang tomorrow if I get a chance - current attempts didn't have the space.

- Integral Designs siltarp 2 tarp I am convinced will work just fine for this hammock. The 10' x 8' rectangle is probably good enough laid out like the rectangle but if I go diagonally across the top I get 12'+ ridgeways and the wings more than cover the blackbird.

- The top cover looks like it should work well - not entirely sure how to set up the venting. The guylines and the toggle with the hammock guy out cords is a slick idea. Won't need to use this item for a bit. Not sure what the little loops on the venting opening are supposed to be used for?