Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    ID Siltarp 2
    Suspension
    Cord/Straps

Yay It's Arrived!

Got my blackbird this morning! hung it in my bedroom and over at the neighbours using their swingset - I actually don't have trees in useful enough spots in my back yard.

Unfortunately I hadn't charged my camera but I expect I will get a few shots tomorrow and an excellent sleep tonight.

Couple of notes
    - double layer is a lot warmer than my single layer Peak double hammock.

- hammock is a lot roomier and more comfy than previous hammocks tried.

- don't mistie a knot in excitement to hang it up and end up on your ***

- Seems to attract yellowjackets (wasps) like mad. hung it at the neighbours, left it unzipped while I had a beer and there were 6 of them inside the hammock. Ach! At least they know quality gear. Won't leave it unzipped outside again.

- tried to fit thermarest pad (within easy reach) in hammock - not such a good experience, needs some experimenting to have pad underneath me not on my side. Blue ccf would probably work better.

- ridgeline has considerable sag in my couple of attempts, this isn't really a problem since it is comfy this way and I understand it too be better than too tight. I will try a tighter hang tomorrow if I get a chance - current attempts didn't have the space.

- Integral Designs siltarp 2 tarp I am convinced will work just fine for this hammock. The 10' x 8' rectangle is probably good enough laid out like the rectangle but if I go diagonally across the top I get 12'+ ridgeways and the wings more than cover the blackbird.

- The top cover looks like it should work well - not entirely sure how to set up the venting. The guylines and the toggle with the hammock guy out cords is a slick idea. Won't need to use this item for a bit. Not sure what the little loops on the venting opening are supposed to be used for?

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images

Cracks me up!

Just makes me laugh when I see a thread titled "Yay It's Arrived", "WooHoo It's Here!" or some variant of these. I don't even look to see what forum it is in, I just know it's about a Blackbird.

Congrats on your new toy and welcome to the club. And yes, most of us that use webbing have made the ***-landing at least once in our excitement. There needs to be a "I landed on my *** and smiled" patch.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Just let almost all the air out of your pad .... if you already haven't . I always had better luck with it that way.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteWanderer View Post
    Got my blackbird this morning! hung it in my bedroom and over at the neighbours using their swingset - I actually don't have trees in useful enough spots in my back yard.

Unfortunately I hadn't charged my camera but I expect I will get a few shots tomorrow and an excellent sleep tonight.

Couple of notes
    - double layer is a lot warmer than my single layer Peak double hammock.

- hammock is a lot roomier and more comfy than previous hammocks tried.

- don't mistie a knot in excitement to hang it up and end up on your ***

- Seems to attract yellowjackets (wasps) like mad. hung it at the neighbours, left it unzipped while I had a beer and there were 6 of them inside the hammock. Ach! At least they know quality gear. Won't leave it unzipped outside again.

- tried to fit thermarest pad (within easy reach) in hammock - not such a good experience, needs some experimenting to have pad underneath me not on my side. Blue ccf would probably work better.

- ridgeline has considerable sag in my couple of attempts, this isn't really a problem since it is comfy this way and I understand it too be better than too tight. I will try a tighter hang tomorrow if I get a chance - current attempts didn't have the space.

- Integral Designs siltarp 2 tarp I am convinced will work just fine for this hammock. The 10' x 8' rectangle is probably good enough laid out like the rectangle but if I go diagonally across the top I get 12'+ ridgeways and the wings more than cover the blackbird.

- The top cover looks like it should work well - not entirely sure how to set up the venting. The guylines and the toggle with the hammock guy out cords is a slick idea. Won't need to use this item for a bit. Not sure what the little loops on the venting opening are supposed to be used for?
    your top cover is a bit of a prototype. the loops in the vent are so you can put a stick in there to prop it open. ~3" stick works well

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteWanderer View Post
    Got my blackbird this morning!

Hmm...tell us more about the top cover!! Is this a new product from Brandon?

Pictures?

My neoair pad fit well in-between the bottom layers. It also flattens the curve a bit.

(LOL at Cannibal...I know what you mean about Blackbird buyers tending to get an excess of "Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy" when it finally arrives. I know I did! I'm still in the queue for my Yeti UQ.)
    Last edited by beep; 07-23-2009 at 16:56.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly.
    Insulation
    Yeti / Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Images
    are there any pics available of this "bit of a prototype" top cover.
    I thought I was wrong once, turns out I was wrong about that.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly.
    Insulation
    Yeti / Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Images
    man you gotta be quick to post here sometimes
    I thought I was wrong once, turns out I was wrong about that.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    McCat DLX
    Insulation
    Speer Snug Fit
    Suspension
    Webbing baby
    Yeah, We need pictures!!! I too have inquired about the top cover Coyote mentioned.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images

warbonnetbrandon dude is very crafty

in the way he baits us in on these new products!
    Go ahead an tell me now how much

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    ID Siltarp 2
    Suspension
    Cord/Straps
    Sorry guys,

I was out all day and had evening commitments. Pictures tomorrow, I promise.

CoyoteWanderer

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast