Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies

The Tail of Two Trout - Six Nights Fishing in the Wild North of the Arctic Circle

Ok, so now that it’s been a while already and all the impressions have begun to sink in, I guess I owe the forum a trip report. Not the least due to all the great advice I got in my planning thread! Please bear with me – this is the longest trip I’ve ever done, and I took more pictures than I ever did, so please forgive me if I overwhelm the report with.. well, text and pics!

Part I – Shaking off Work

So, this is the story of how I was airlifted by helicopter out into trail-less country, where no humans venture and you are no longer the apex predator, with no greater goal than the thrill of feeling the tug on a line with a fish on the end of it. I had never caught a char before, so my idea was to go up north where roads are no more, to hunt for the Greta Garbo of the North as they are called.

I had had to work basically until midnight to finish everything up before my big trip, since I would be completely out of touch for a week. Getting up at 02:30 hrs to catch the 04:45 flight from Tbilisi that would take me to Warsaw and the connection to Stockholm wasn’t the easiest, especially since my head was still spinning with work stuff. Luckily I had packed two days before though. Once I’d checked in my backpack I felt more at ease, especially since it turned out every leg was delayed, including the onward flight from Stockholm to Kiruna..

Delays aren’t all evil though. They do allow for contemplation.

I landed in Kiruna about 45 mins behind schedule, and standing in the arrival hall was a young guy with a paper that had my name on it. We got in their minibus and drove into town, where I bought some groceries and stopped by the liquor store. I brought 14 little friends with me, and half of a Scotsman as well - figured they're always good-humoured. When I was done I sat in the sun waiting for the bus to come back. The summer sun in Scandinavia is something very special, and has to be experienced to understand what it means (although I acknowledge that it probably mostly feels that way because there's precious little of it in a year..). This was my first time this far north, but still in the afternoon it felt much like back home. It’s a slow-cooking sun, and you can spend waaay too much time in it before noticing that you’ve spent waaay too much time in it..

A couple of days before I’d arrived, the region had been encapsulated in a heat wave thanks to a high pressure that had parked itself over the Kola peninsula. This meant upwards of 30 degrees, together with that midnight sun. Sitting there waiting, I enjoyed its warmth and just soaked up all the rays I could. Little did I think about the fact that there are other life forms that thrive in these kinds of conditions though…

Once at the lodge, I re-packed a few things that I had in the hand luggage, and after shaking hands with the people I’d corresponded over email with, the young guy brought me to a helipad from where I was departing into the wild. By the description of the those people the site I was going to was not the most remote in the world, but the terrain was rough enough that nobody was stupid enough to walk there.. “You’re more likely to run into bears up there than people..” one of them said with the wry accent of northernmost Swedes.. It took him about thirty seconds of silence to add "but they're more afraid of us than we are of them". Out at the helipad, the chopper arrived carrying a group of guys almost from my neck of the woods, and by the looks of it they’d had a great time. Everything was looking more promising by the minute, except for the small fact that chars really don’t like warmth. Let alone heat.. I put that aside as I prepared myself for the ride, and when we took off I thought of little else but the landscape that spread out in front, to the sides, and behind of us. Everywhere one turned there were just miles upon miles of forest, hills, rivers and lakes..

My ride

After what seemed like a much too short ride, the chopper landed next to a lake which would be “my” lake for a week. He was looking around for a spot, and asked “do you think you’ll be able to pitch a tent there?” and obviously my response was “Don’t worry about that – I sleep in a hammock, all I need is two trees!” Not sure how he deemed the site suitable for landing, because there was nothing but moss, rocks and vegetation around. But he seated it firmly and got out to help me unload. In a matter of seconds, the chopper was off again, its flap-flap-flapping disappearing just as fast as the image of it in the distance. Then silence.

I looked around me, and found it hard to believe that a few hours ago, I had submitted the last draft of a report that I would be able to touch for at least a week. And now I was here. Absolutely nowhere. The only sign of people was a couple of set fireplaces near the lake. Otherwise only silence. Deafening silence. Until all at once, I noticed it actually sounded like I was sitting next to the Autobahn ring around Berlin in the afternoon rush hour. Desperately digging out my bug net, I had only now noticed the cloud of mosquitoes and black flies that were humming around my head. I recalled that the guys at the lodge had also said that the heat wave brought with it a massive hatch of these little critters..

I gathered my composure, and started eyeing the location for trees. Turns out, this would be one of the more challenging parts of the trip. I was pretty much in the middle of a birch forest, but up here the birch grow small and twisted, and every tree I saw was less than a dm thick. I found a couple of trees that had perfect distance, but as I strung the hammock up, they just bent right over from the weight. I went bushwhacking trying to locate some more suitable, but of course I was picky too – I had imagined hanging in the hammock and seeing the fish hunt for whatever bugs was on the menu, and getting up with my rod to do some hunting of my own.. After a couple of tries, I found two trees that at least wouldn’t bend, but that were somewhat devoid of a view.

Well.. devoid.. how picky can you get?!

It was already getting fairly late, and I hadn’t eaten anything proper since the burger at Stockholm airport. At the supermarket in town, I’d bought some kebab sticks for grilling that first night, so I went about and made a fire and grilled them.

As I wolfed them down, I looked at my watch – 23:00.. and it was bright daylight. I had had no idea how long it had taken to set up camp, and my original plan of “flying out, setting up, having dinner and a nap, then fish” had kind of gotten spoiled. Back at the lodge I’d discussed the heat with the guys, and they said that fishermen in these conditions face a dilemma: the best time for fishing is also the only time it’s possible to get any sleep, since the tents heat up like saunas in the sun. I had with not a little satisfaction pointed out the fact that in my hammock, I am bound to face no such dilemmas, but can easily spend the golden hours of fishing doing just that – fishing! With food in my stomach, I was about ready to do what I’d travelled 4,150 km for. Yeah, you guessed it – FISHING!

From my vantage point, I didn’t see much surface activity, so I tried some nymphs and even a streamer. I thought that given the conditions, this might be a bit tricky. Then I heard the splashes. They were fairly concentrated in one location of the lake. I made my way over there, and homed in on the area of activity. It was a little cove where a peninsula stretched out, so I made my way out that peninsula and from there I was able to cover the whole hot spot. A couple of bushes were growing, but most of it was rock and moss, so perfect casting conditions too. Not even I would fail here! Until I did.. Mosquito pupae, hare’s ear nymphs, streamers.. totally uninteresting to the fish that was clearly eating something. Then I figured, there’s no wind. They’re feeding on something in the surface, albeit sporadically. Why not try one of the more spectacular ways of fly fishing: streaking caddis! I saw some moderately-sized caddis that were pretty dark brown, and the best match in my fly box was a Goddard Caddis that I’d tied myself in the beginning of my fly fishing career. And it looked accordingly.. but as I dragged it in the surface and had it make a little plow in the water, clearly someone got interested, because I suddenly saw a head come up and a sharp tug on the line! I missed setting the hook though, but cursing I also figured that I found out what worked, so now it should be only a matter of time.. and indeed it was. Only a couple of casts later, another trout went up and feasted on that caddis imitation, and this time the hook set! Oh, what a fight! It went to and fro, and the rod was bending from its tugs, and when I got it closer I saw it was a char! My first ever! Then I got nervous that I would lose it. He had a few rushes left in him, but after a couple more minutes I was able to bring him into shallow water and pick him up. Since it had a decent size, and it was my first, I decided to keep it for dinner next day.

Usually when I catch a fish after a loooong break from fishing, it feels like such a success that I’m sort of overwhelmed and feel so satisfied with life that I don’t fish much more. Especially since I had already accomplished what I set out to do I got the same feeling this time, but decided to go on as I after all was on a fishing trip that would last a week.. It didn’t take very long until I had another strike. This one made one powerful rush into the rocks, almost tearing the rod out of my hands, and then I was standing there with a sloppy line and dumb look on my face. The leader had been torn off against the rock, and that fish was obviously at LEAST twice the size! :-D I mended the leader and tied another Goddard Caddis on to try to see if the Big One would take again. After a while I had a take, and after ten minutes of real fighting, I could land a larger fish than the first one. I decided to keep this one as well, as I wanted to properly document what almost could be a trophy fish. It would turn out to be a mistake, but unknowingly I headed back to the hammock with two fish and a huge grin on my face.

I’d been travelling since 02:30 the day before, and now it was around 04:00, and it had all seemed like one long day. Actually a short day, because of all that had happened. But now I was finally heading to my trusty hammock for some shut-eye. It was bright daylight, and around 25 degrees, but I figured my organism was ready for it. I woke about six hours later, turned around and fell asleep again.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Part II – Shaking off Mozzies, Black Flies, and Mistakes

It was about noon when I woke up again. I can’t deny it, it was pretty hot, even in the hammock. I was lying there bare-chested, and the sound from outside the bug net reminded me of the other great challenge of this trip. The millions of mosquitoes and black flies that were humming around the hammock posed a particular problem in this heat: you could either choose to undress and be eaten alive, or you could keep your clothes on and sweat to death. I have never seen anything like it, and if I do this kind of trip again I would bring repellent. Not that it would help, but I learned that you need to do everything you can. Any one measure may reduce the bites by 5%, but put together you may be able to achieve something like 50%.. As the black flies were dancing around under the tarp it sounded like gentle rain.

Counting stars? Sheep? Supermen? No, black flies!

As a result, I got fully dressed in the hammock before unzipping and getting out. It removed the possibility to have my standard coffee-in-the-hammock, because you could not keep the bug net open to operate anything outside. During the course of the days I spent there, I developed a routine, whereby I would prepare myself as far as possible to get into the hammock, by putting everything I was going to use in the gear shelf, then taking off my boots, after which I would shake myself off and sweep my hands all over my body, then I would unzip the bug net, and just before sitting down in the hammock, I would do a last body sweep. Then quickly in, zip up, and if I got lucky only about ten of them would join me inside.. And I really am not exaggerating.

At least the pants were mosquito proof... First thing back in Stockholm, I got myself a shirt in the same material...

And then there was the joker. Before I got the energy to dress that morning, I all of a sudden felt something take a bite through the hammock in my back! Ouch! Yes, there were horse flies too! How many different kinds of blood-sucking, flesh-eating critters they have up there I do not know, but right there and then it felt like a lot! So the lesson from that was that I needed some sort of fabric between me and the hammock too. Generally I used the top quilt, or kept wearing my pants or a shirt.

That bite really prompted me to get up, so I went about my morning routine starting with making a full pot of coffee. As I was looking for a camp site the evening before, I realised I had made a cardinal error. When re-packing my stuff at the lodge, I had forgotten to unzip the water bladder compartment of my hand luggage backpack to bring my camelbak… so I was out here, in serious heat, with no way of storing water or bringing it with me in any kinds of quantities. Now this point of sheer stupidity could have been a real threat to my trip, especially had I been somewhere else. But up here, the water is pristine. The evening before, while bushwhacking to find a camp site, I had run into two streams of delicious, cold spring water that was running crystal clear through the marsh surrounding the lake. At the time, I was so overheated that I decided to chance it with just a couple of cups at first, and then a couple of hours later gulping down litres of it.. and now it turned out to be my main supply of water, although it was located about 200 metres from camp. So all it posed was a logistical challenge. I tried a couple of solutions, like using the plastic bags from the liquor store inside the side pockets of my backpack, but they had been torn already by the shrubs growing around the lake as I was bushwhacking around with my supplies. I decided that whenever I needed to drink, I would go to these little springs just like any other animal of the forest, and whenever I needed to cook, I would just use lake water like.. well, unlike any animal of the forest. So I did. And enjoyed one of the greatest cups of coffee of my life.

Delicious delicious water... cold enough to give you a brain freeze in spite of the almost 30 degrees!

I went down to the water to do so, and sat and observed the underwater life in the shallows. As an interested fly fisherman, I read lots of articles about lake life, the bugs that fish eat, and how to imitate them, but I have few opportunities to just sit by the water and observe them myself. Now I saw the fresh water shrimp Gammarus for the first time in my life, which I had read so much about. Those little buggers can swim too! And I saw the caddis larvae that build houses out of whatever they find on the bottom – ungainly little creatures but with a beautiful camouflage. And the tadpoles – vicious little predators that seem to eat anything they get their greedy little mouths on! The way I saw them move there in the shallow water gave me more insight than all the articles I’d read about them put together.

After the morning constitutional that the coffee greatly facilitated (yes, I was bitten all over the ‘nether region’ in the process… thanks for asking…), I decided I needed some breakfast. I had mixed them myself (see the planning thread for the recipe), and they were actually quite tasty. The only problem was the involuntary protein additives I got with each spoon… at this point, I also realised that the bug net for my head was woven with too large mesh – it wasn’t no-see-um, so the black flies climbed in and out at will. I found a place with some wind exposure and sat there to eat, but as soon as I had to do anything in camp I realised that the heat and the bugs were driving me out of my mind, so I had to look for another site with more wind exposure.

Breakfast Rock

My new home

After camp relocation, I decided to try my luck a bit over at the hotspot and actually wound up catching another char even though it was mid-day (well, ok.. mid-afternoon let’s say) and scorching hot. There was something about that place, and although I hadn’t yet figured it out I was happy to have found it to at least be able to come home and say I caught something (and not be lying…). I was genuinely afraid of drawing a blank before the trip, as I am not a very accomplished lake fisherman, and I heard of one group of people that the chopper company brought back that hadn’t caught a single fish in a whole week. But I was happily fishing away as the evening progressed. This one I let go however, as I already had more than I needed over at camp.

I went back to camp with the idea of doing something about those fish I had caught the day before. In an attempt to somewhat protect them from the heat, I had wrapped them in sphagnum moss. As I unwrapped them, they certainly did not look very appetizing. I debated long and hard what to do, because I felt really bad that I had killed these beautiful creatures, and then letting them spoil like that. I rinsed one of them just to check if the acidity of the moss had made just the skin look particularly bad, but the flesh did not impress me either. I continued debating with myself, and in the end decided that since it was only my second day I couldn’t risk it. I apologised profusely to Mother Nature and the spirits of the forest, and promised I would not let anything like that happen again. I was told when I got back that char is so plentiful up there they don’t even have a size limit on them, but that doesn't make it right and I still feel really bad about it.

I decided that today had been a learning day, and called it an early evening with a view to get up somewhat earlier the next day and bushwhack to a nearby lake, where supposedly the brownies were hiding.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    You are doing an absolutely wonderful job of story telling. This is a great trip report. And like any good book, I can't wait for the next chapter.

Do you also have video? I'm envisioning you taking a camera crew or like Survivorman, have a few tripods. This was exactly like you had started with, a trip of a lifetime.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Been waiting on this trip report. What a great place to be. Looking forward to the next installment of your adventure.
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Part III – Shaking off the Heat.. and Just About Everything Else

I won’t lie. It was hard to get used to the swarms of bugs. In the evening when I couldn’t have the fish I had planned, I had a portion of Real Turmat – the freeze-dried stuff I’d bought enough of to feed a small crew. Since it was evening, the wind had died down, and the bugs were extra relentless. At some point I had to get up and walk as I was eating, trying to keep the cloud mostly behind me. My lack of proper equipment to deal with it didn’t help, but even so it was a bit overwhelming, in particular when they got into your ears and eyes. When I crushed a bug that had gotten into my ear, and blood was running out of it, it felt less than wonderful.

So, in the morning I decided on a change of tactics. While I had to remain outside to prepare my breakfast, I realised there was nothing to prevent me from enjoying it in the comfort and bug protection of my hammock! So, said and done – I boiled water, stirred it into my dry goods, let it sit for a few minutes, stowed it in the gear shelf, and then performed my little getting-into-the-hammock-dance before unzipping the bug net and killing off the few that got in there with me. Then I pulled myself as much up as possible, broke out the spork and just sat back and enjoyed… aaahhhhh.. what a relief.

The day was set for me by me to be an excursion day. The area where I had been set off had several lakes well within walking distance. I had waited a couple of days in the hope that the heat would dissipate before doing any bushwhacking to other lakes, but decided I could wait no more. It was exploration time! Due west was a lake about twice the size, which was said to contain brownies. When contacting the firm, I had asked for char but with a side-order of brownies, and they really came through. I figured if I headed about 500 metres west-north-west I would encounter a small brook and then turn left and follow it to the lake. I prepared myself, packed my side bags – this is an area where the heavy-duty backpack of Berghaus comes into its own: unzip the two side bags, zip them together, and you have a 20l daypack. Thus prepared, I set off on my great adventure within an adventure!

All set and ready to go

Bushwhacking is a taxing activity. In 28 degree heat it becomes challenging. Even at short distances. Without my camelbak I would not have ventured into even this short hike had I not been fairly certain that the brook would contain potable water. I had filled myself up in the spring waters near my camp before setting off though. On the way I encountered a water hole where tracks of moose were not older than 48 hrs – meaning they had come there while I was camping a couple hundred metres away. There were older tracks that could be bear tracks, although it was hard to make out. And quite possibly a bigfoot track…

Bigfoot or just a big foot..? Hot on the trail of Baby Moose though

Pushing through the woods, I was rewarded with some views, especially as the terrain got a bit elevated. I kept a slow pace not to overheat before I made it to the brook, and stopped several times to look around and take in the landscape.

When I eventually made it to the brook, it was not as cold as my springs near camp, but nonetheless it was a great relief to gulp up the water by the litre..

It turned out that the water was falling down a fairly steep descent. Or as the case was for me – ascent. I started climbing it, following game trails as best I could, but jumping from boulder to boulder, dodging trees and bushes. Then I came up and a great big plateau opened up, and the lake was in front of me.

As I made my way around the lake for a good place to test my skills, I felt the wind coming on strong. It was a very nice breeze in the heat, and what is more it blew the bugs away. I came upon a small bay in the lake, and as I walked past it it dawned on me. With this wind and no bugs, this is the perfect place to take a dip! I had three days of sweaty grime and pretty stinky clothes already, and with all the bug bites I looked like I had leprosy or some sort of bleeding disorder. I think – I was out there alone without any mirror, the closest I got was the polarizing filter for my camera.. The more I thought of it, the better the idea seemed. I decided to tread carefully though, first removing the bug net making sure the wind was in fact as strong as it seemed.. As I gained confidence, I figured that in the circumstances there’s only one thing to do – skinny dip! So I stripped down to my bare ***, and jumped in!

[David Attenborough]This creature is elusive, but can sometimes be seen when the heat is at its peak and there is a full moon[/David Attenborough]

My heart stopped a little at first from the water, but as I swam around it got really pleasant. When I’d had enough and climbed out, it was the freshest I’d felt since the morning of my last working day.. I climbed out and enjoyed the mixture of the heat from the sun and the cooling from the wind on my wet body and just that feeling alone made the whole trip worth it. I hung my watch in the water to measure the temperature, and it showed 20 degrees. Not bad at all for a large lake north of the Arctic Circle!

Yeah mom, I wore the spot all the time.. well, almost!

I slowly got dressed and decided to have lunch there while I still could enjoy the view from outside the bug net. I had brought eggs from the supermarket and two days earlier I hard-boiled them and had a couple every day together with bread and shrimp cheese on a tube. Food fit for a king!

When I was satisfied, I dressed back up – bug net and all – and continued along the lake shore. There was a place where the lake came together in a narrow straight that looked promising, that I thought I should try. In any case, the wind prevented any fly fishing, so I needed to find a covered place. Indeed at the straight, the lake also formed a little bay where fish were feeding and the wind was much weaker. It also meant that the bugs were there again, and the black flies at this lake were one size smaller which meant they passed through the net even easier than down by “my” lake. Even so, I had a great couple of hours of fishing on small yearlings of brownies, who took my caddis imitations with the fierceness of Tasmanian devils. After a while I decided to try a F-fly just to be able to say I caught one on something else than a pure caddis imitation. Of course, that it looks more or less like a caddis was probably why that worked… Nonetheless, it was a great couple of hours of fishing.

I decided to have a break and make some coffee to wait for dusk. Or what passes for dusk up here. My Grilliput firebowl is a great piece of kit. It may not be ultralight, but it offers a fireplace without having to set up a fireplace, it offers a windscreen for my can stove when using that, and the trangia pot fits perfectly inside it for packing it up. Needless to say, that coffee tasted wonderful. And the smoke kept the skeeters away.

As the sun was getting low in the sky, I started noticing the absolutely beautiful scenery that this larger lake offered. It was really picturesque, and I thought to myself that photographers up here have an unfair advantage – they have like ten hours of “golden hour” per day! I decided to combine my fishing with some picture taking, so here are a couple:

I was amazed at those birch trees - their bark has this red tone which in the midnight sun made them look like they were glowing. I've never seen a red forest before, but here the red was competing with the green for dominance.

Towards the end of the night I had a bigger taker. After a few minutes of fighting, a beautiful brownie gave up. I had the intention of letting it go, because I wasn’t certain it was above the minimum length, but he had been so greedy taking the fly that it was stuck deep in his throat and near the geals that I couldn’t get it out without harming him. I decided to keep him and do my best to honour the two previous fish that I squandered by preparing a right feast, unforgettable to those who were there...

As I made my way back, the stunning scenery kept taking my breath away. The light was perfectly fine to bushwhack back down the gorge and to the camp. Once there, I started preparing myself. In the supermarket, I had bought potatoes, crème fraiche (instead of sour cream) and chives. I set everything up to boil the spuds and started a fire to grill the fish, and mixed the chives into the creme fraiche. I wasn’t going to make the same mistake again. I rinsed the fish and filled its belly with salt as well as the cuts I made in the side. Then when I more or less thought the taters were about done, I set it on the grilliput grill which I’d brought, and let it turn into charred goodness. Enjoying a freshly caught brownie right off the grill with boiled potatoes and crème fraiche with chives, rinsed down with a beer – it’s making my mouth all watery again now writing about it!

It was about 03:00 when I made it back to camp. Not one hour later, I had eaten, rinsed out the pot, scraped off the grill, and packed everything into its place, and performed my little routine for getting into the hammock. Who said you needed freeze-dried food and just boiling water in the bush? It was again bright daylight, and I was so happy and content that I didn’t know what do to except to sing a song at the top of my voice. I fell asleep with a great big smile on my face, feeling alright with the world.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    You are doing an absolutely wonderful job of story telling. This is a great trip report. And like any good book, I can't wait for the next chapter.

Do you also have video? I'm envisioning you taking a camera crew or like Survivorman, have a few tripods. This was exactly like you had started with, a trip of a lifetime.
    Thank you very much! I'm very glad you enjoy it. I did try my hands at some video, but I'm not sure any of it came out 'publishing-worthy'. I have to look at it more closely though.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ply View Post
    Been waiting on this trip report. What a great place to be. Looking forward to the next installment of your adventure.
    Thanks for reading so far!

Australia...Sub-Tropical Qld, Temperate Tasmania & Tropical Thailand
    Hammock
    Madtree Tarseer
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    Warm & fluffy
    Suspension
    Slings and Rings
    Images
    So far so good, enjoying the
    read.....although the high pitch hum
    from the clouds of mossies outside the bugnet is driving me crazy.

Trout look well fed & solid though.
    You won't forget about this trip for
    a long time to come.....
    Last edited by ofuros; 07-23-2014 at 16:34.
    Mountain views are good for the soul....& getting to them is good for my waistline.

https://ofuros.exposure.co/

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    That's what I like about us hangers, we don't survive, we thrive in the bush.

This chapter on back country cooking is good stuff. I'm sooooo hungry now and pizza just isn't the same as the gourmet meal you had so far away from "civilization". Great job and keep them coming.

Also, don't worry about the ''publishing-worthyness'' of the video. We can see the pics and the video will just flow into its own with your story. Just like we were there with you.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    Ok I'm not usually into trip reports, there are a couple of people that I think write interesting ones and I'll read theirs, but typically I don't read them. Having trout in the title got my attention and piqued my interest enough to give it a read. This is by far the best trip report I've ever read. An epic trip in a breathtaking location being shared through great storytelling and photos. Can't wait to read the rest.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Hex Rainfly 70D
    What a trip of a lifetime.

Really enjoying this thoroughly! Thanks for sharing!
    Adahy

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast