Hammock
    HHH, BIAS
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    HG Inc., PLUQ
    Suspension
    hodge-podge
    My heart starts pumping when I read all these posts......going to go around the house today and start to find things to sell........not sure about the plasma thing (might have to look more into it).

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Quote Originally Posted by naperica View Post
    ooooo, she purdy.

Would that is the 8 (and change) foot version right? do you think that it would fit a 2 person net tent? Do you have any trouble with the vertical door spaces and rain?
    The HG standard is going to be tight fitting over a 2 person inner net tent. Using the dimensions for the BearPaw Wilderness Net Tent 2, in a perfect situation you're going to have a foot of wiggle room from the top of the inner net to the ridgeline of the tarp and a foot of wiggle room on the sides of the inner net to the sides of the tarp (this is assuming the dimensions of the doors on the tarp are 36 inches a piece which I believe is what their original dimensions were but I also believe their original dimensions were an 11 foot long RL which I believe they have modified to 10'10'' so they may have also modified the door dimensions).

At any rate, the Superfly fits perfectly over the Net Tent 2 and provides room for error in pitching (which I prefer a bit of considering you rarely run into perfect situations in the woods) so if you can swing something of that size it would be more advantageous in my opinion.

Banned
    Hammock
    Cotton Amazonian, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Kelty, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    uq or pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images

NRE gear vs transportation expense

Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    I thought about making my own but after pricing the cost of Cuben Fiber ( least expensive is $27 a yard ) plus the special adhesive tape, adhesive promoter ect plus the needed skills to make one ( you can not take a seam ripper and resew it if you make a mistake ) one would need to make the tarp it became clear that I was better off buying one.
    I had a similar thought process as gunner76. Also considered the need or option of dropping about 8 oz of weight else where. Everyone's choices are unique to their situation, but for me making a small DIY diamond Cuben Fiber tarp made more sense but for others that would be illogical. Gunner76's logic of not wanting to mess up several hundred dollars worth of yards of C.F. is what I was concerned with. Other thought was how much do I spend on "gas" in transportation cost, gear is not the most expensive part of camping. But gear is a NRE as long as someone does not steal it or a tree branch does to fall and rip it badly. Dang, I over thought that a bit. LOL

Hammock
    HHH, BIAS
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    HG Inc., PLUQ
    Suspension
    hodge-podge
    Quote Originally Posted by ntxkayakr View Post
    I had a similar thought process as gunner76. Also considered the need or option of dropping about 8 oz of weight else where. Everyone's choices are unique to their situation, but for me making a small DIY diamond Cuben Fiber tarp made more sense but for others that would be illogical. Gunner76's logic of not wanting to mess up several hundred dollars worth of yards of C.F. is what I was concerned with. Other thought was how much do I spend on "gas" in transportation cost, gear is not the most expensive part of camping. But gear is a NRE as long as someone does not steal it or a tree branch does to fall and rip it badly. Dang, I over thought that a bit. LOL

I guess I never thought about stealing......I guess that might happen if someone knew what you were packin'

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    Raised four children under blue poly tarps because that is what I could afford on a preacher's salary.

The children are well launched and now I have two DIY CF tarps and can hardly believe how nice they are.
    Mike

Learn to survive and thrive in any situation, for you never know what might happen. Love family and friends passionately. Suffer no fool. Know your purpose in life and follow it with all your heart.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123