Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    The dad/uncle in me is comforted as I see people check in that they are safely home. Thanks for doing that folks.

I had a great time and am glad that many I've heard from did too.

Let's show the rest of the world what we did, saw, ate, and thought…. here is a trip report thread to put all that good stuff out to those who couldn't make it and to remind those of us who did. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures, and especially posts of prizes and "thank you" notes to the many vendors and donors that contributed.

Also, mark your calendar for the weekend of the second saturday in November, 2015. That's when we get to do round 7!
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow 40 & yeti
    Suspension
    Straps& dutch clip
    Images
    Mike ... Thank you so much for all you do for all of us .... I can't believe how this event has grown! Awesome people, awesome food, and great companionship .... Even with everything else going on, how can one NOT make this hang!
    Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage
    William Shakespeare

"Insert witty and intelligent statement here"

Hammock
    Maverick Hammock
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    Looking into that
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    That was the most awesome camping trip I have ever been on. The company was great, the scenery of awesome. All around great weekend.

Hammock
    Maverick Hammock
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    Looking into that
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    To Cheryl.... I think the one that wanted the warm ups for her dog send me your address and I will send them to you.... Yay. And my daughter Bug wants to send her request to get her name on the site .... please send the address to send that in because I can't find one.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow #3008
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Std
    Insulation
    WL 20* Full UQ
    Suspension
    DW 8' Tree Huggers
    My wife and I had a great time. This was our first hang with this group and we found everyone to be very friendly and helpful. Made several new friends that we will be "hanging" with again in the very near future. Both my wife and I won prizes at the raffle. I was told I had won a first aid kit. When I got the bag home and opened it up, it turned out to be lots of assorted stuff sacks with 2 handy CPR kits that fit in the palm of your hand. Also, I found 2 XXS Western Mountaineering stuff sacks, 1 stuff sack that has a flat bottom (looks like it went to a cook kit), 1 that has a vertical zipper on one side and a horizontal zipper on the other side with mesh outers and a solid inner to separate the two compartments. But the best thing I found was 5 cuben-fiber stuff sacks of different sizes and colors with draw-cords. The line-locs attached to the sacks weight more than the sacks themselves. I am planning on replacing these with something a little lighter. Overall, I am very pleased with my prize.

The Fairfield Lake State Park was super nice (we were in the part with electricity and water) and Melinda and I walked the nature trail Sunday morning before departing. It was just long enough to get a good workout without working up a sweat. My wife and I plan on bringing our kayaking group back here to do a kayak camping/fishing weekend trip in the near future.

We are already looking forward to next years event. Thanks again to all of the organizers and presenters that made this years event a major success!
    Last edited by Polkster13; 11-10-2014 at 10:01. Reason: spelling errors
    I am a 28 year-old trapped in a 62 year-old body!

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    HG Blue Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Kammok Straps
    This was my first group hang and I had a blast! I really enjoyed meeting all of you, swapping stories, and just having a great time. I can't wait until the next one - I don't know if that will be next year or the one after...aiming for a kidlet #2 this year. ;-)

Here is a link to my pics for those not on the FB group. The album is public. Feel free to save pictures you like and if you reshare, I ask that you please give credit. Enjoy!
    https://plus.google.com/photos/10341...52621391657329

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    My thoughts are with Paul, riding that bike into this arctic air. I hope he's not too miserable.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    My thoughts are with Paul, riding that bike into this arctic air. I hope he's not too miserable.
    Paul assured me that if it got too dangerous, then he would probably have his bike hotshotted in while he took a safer form of transportation.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Paul posted on the Facebook group last night that he was putting in some couch time, safe at home. I expect to see him chime in here sometime before too long.

Correction: His post was on his own home page, not the FB group. In any case, 15 hours ago he was safe at home.
    Last edited by UncleMJM; 11-11-2014 at 08:23.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Another great hang! Can't say enough great things about this group. Thanks again to all that help make this such a great event! Looking forward to next year already.
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

• + New Posts
  • Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast