Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Sarge... I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I keep Reggie clean cut for just for this reason!

Me and Dog.png

Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    I heard that people and their dogs can come to look like each other. I didn't think it was possible until I saw this.

Attachment 95092
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole;DIY
    Insulation
    HGIncubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by erinkae View Post
    Those look awesome!!!
    Thanks! It was fun and challenging to make. But even more fun watching the LA boys fight over who was going to win it!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by toferj View Post
    What is the Saturday night tree prize? Do I need to plan on bringing something to donate?
    After everyone has stuffed themselves full from the pot-luck dinner Saturday night...we all huddle around the fire, rub our bellies, nurse our aching stomachs with Pepto, and wait with great anticipation (not unlike Charlie Brown waiting for the Great Pumpkin to make his appearance) for the official prize drawing to begin.

Pens, pencils, and scraps of paper are passed around so that everyone can write their names down for the drawing. Those scraps are placed into some sort of container, then we typically nominate Mark (our version of Vanna White) to display and describe an item randomly taken from the prize box. His hand then gently dips into the container where the names on scrap paper eagerly await their chance at being selected. The name is read out loud, exclamations are made, merry-making ensues, and the selected winner comes to claim the prize! The process continues until all items from the prize box have been depleted.

It's not necessary to donate an item in order to participate, but no one will object if you bring something for the prize box.

Quote Originally Posted by easttex View Post
    Thanks! It was fun and challenging to make. But even more fun watching the LA boys fight over who was going to win it!
    Speaking of making, I've got a hankering for some chocolate chip cookies there Cooookkkkiiiieeeeccccooooooooonnnnn

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole;DIY
    Insulation
    HGIncubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreen View Post
    Speaking of making, I've got a hankering for some chocolate chip cookies there Cooookkkkiiiieeeeccccooooooooonnnnn
    Lol. Come on down, I'll bring you some!

Just signed up my brotha

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole;DIY
    Insulation
    HGIncubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreen View Post
    Just signed up my brotha
    Dude, Awesome!

Yessir looking forward to it

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by toferj View Post
    What is the Saturday night tree prize? Do I need to plan on bringing something to donate?

The pay-it-forward trade table sounds self explanatory enough, but maybe a quick explanation?

I could probably bring some DIY tree straps.
    Great questions!

Some events have door prizes but we don't have a door so Saturday night after the pot luck dinner we will have a "Tree Prize" give away .

In the past folks have donated items for that event and although no one is expected to donate, anyone who wishes to do so is most welcome and donations are graciously accepted. I will be bringing some things and I know of some others who will too so feel free to add to the treasure trove that will be set up at the main campfire site where the banner is hanging, but don't feel any obligation.

I intentionally do not solicit vendors as I feel like cottage industry folks have enough with low margins, high labor intensity, and sometimes overly high service expectations from folks who haven't utilized them before. Having said that we have had some great prizes donated over the years from folks like Underground Quilts, Hammeck, 2QZQ, UltimateHang, StoveManDan, Whoopie Slings...

Rats, now that I've started listing folks, Mea Culpa! I'm sorry, I know I've left some out so somebody help me remember who I've missed!

I have received some private messages from some vendor friends asking for my mailing address so there may be something special there this year. We'll certainly promote the donor/s at the event and in our trip reports too I'm sure.

The way the Pay It Forward table worked last year was a table was set up Friday afternoon. People who wanted to play placed their item/s on the table. Those who put items out could come back later and trade for anything on there that they liked throughout the day, evening and all day Saturday. If your item wasn't picked up or if you choose not to take an item, the items left at the end of the pot luck dinner Saturday night were added to the prize give away. Anyone interested in bringing a table for the purpose of the Pay It Forward, that would be greatly appreciated.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Hybrid Shelter
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    LL Habanero UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Holy crap!! I cannot wait!! This sounds like a really great bunch of folks! I can see why everyone looks forward to this all year!

• + New Posts
  • Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast