WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings

Awesome Arrowhead Customer Service

I've had plenty of great customer service experiences with many different cottage companies but none that warranted me posting about them.

I sent Paul a concern about possible webbing suspension fraying after only a few uses.

I don't believe it's an issue with the manufacturing of the webbing and I'm 100% sure it is not Paul's stitching as the beginnings of the failure are mid strap well away from any sewing.

Either way, no questions asked, Paul said he'd get another set out to me in a day or two.

I love dealing with cottage manufacturers.

On a somewhat related note, I had the threads on my Sawyer Squeeze water filter fail on me a few weeks ago after only a few gallons of water filtered and the rep I dealt with did everything short of blame me for the failure (saying the only reason that has happened to their filters is because people screw a garden hose onto it ).

At any rate, maybe it's that our cottage manufacturers are more confident that we're appropriately using their gear and not just trying to get free stuff off of them and that's why they're so receptive and willing to go the extra mile to ensure you're satisfied? Whatever it is, I appreciate it.

Hammock
    sld treerunner dl
    Tarp
    toxaway
    Insulation
    hg incubator uq
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendertoe View Post
    At any rate, maybe it's that our cottage manufacturers are more confident that we're appropriately using their gear and not just trying to get free stuff off of them and that's why they're so receptive and willing to go the extra mile to ensure you're satisfied? Whatever it is, I appreciate it.
    I too have had pleasant experiences with the cottage manufacturers in the world of camping/backpacking. I think you have hit one aspect of it pretty clearly. Most of us start with the gear that you can get at the big box stores. then work up to stuff that you can get at places like REI. It takes some time usually for a person to delve into the world of high end, almost custom made gear. So Paul and his brethren are not dealing with the nimrods that the Coleman, Eureka tent, Sawyer filter, etc. guys are used to seeing. The wheat has been separated from the chaff a bit.

• + New Posts