Hammock
    DH thunderbird, TTTG switchback
    Tarp
    OMW
    Insulation
    pads, -25*UQ,0*TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies, straps
    the OP did say he needed to vent right at the beginning, it is allowed. I have ordered tarps from them and love them. it was shipped within days(3 I think, or it seemed to take forever, maybe 2 days then). I will agree that replies seem cold or impersonal compared to Dutch or Randy(dreamhammock) or the folks at UGQ. I do think as cottage vendors they should take more time at answering the question put as opposed to a 6 worded sentence. I get more words in ink on my receipts from the vendors mentioned above than email response from warbonnet.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 0° FJ , Zepp.
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I'm a new member to the forum and would like to say that Warbonnet went out of the way earlier this year to get my new Blackbird and Superfly delivered prior to a Foothills trail hike in February .

While Enos are good (we have two and a skeeter beater ) there is no comparison to WB in craftsmanship and knowing that it was built here by AMERICANS .

Brandon was exceptionally nice on the phone and my order actually made it a day early . I will recommend Warbonnet to anyone wanting top quality gear .

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird/WB RR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    AE New River MM TQ
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    Notbusy, don't take offense at some of the responses. People are fierce in their loyalty to their favorite cottage vendor and rightly so.

Yes, maybe the return email was a bit impersonal, but as others have stated, for some of these vendors this is not their full time job. Trying to balance life's commitments, like primary job, family, etc, plus run a business can be a bit overwhelming I'm sure. Add to that the number of people who place hammock orders this time of year, get impatient and start emailing "wheres my hammock" and you should be able to understand the brief email. I'm sure if Brandon took the time to send a detailed email to everyone who wanted to know the status of their hammock he would not get much work done. In a case like this it may have been better to call and ask for an update or tell him you needed it by a certain time.

And if you really want to know about wait time, there are some folks on the bushcrafter forums that wait up to two years to get a knife made from certain vendors. I'll be the first to admit that I would not have that kind of patience.
    I don't think two weeks is an unreasonable amount of time for a "custom made" anything. I ordered a Blackbird and Superfly on 7-16 and 7-22 respectively and the order was shipped 7-29. Sometimes it's hard to be patient when waiting for new gear, but just keep in mind it's being custom made for you. Sit back, relax, and Santa (USPS) will make the delivery before you know it.

Believe me, it's worth the wait. You'll turn your ENO into a loaner.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfdog View Post
    Yes, maybe the return email was a bit impersonal,
    I don't know if Brandon does this, but many email clients have the ability to filter messages and send auto-responses. It saves a tremendous amount of time. I've had major companies respond this way and it doesn't bother me at all. I would set up my own system to do that if I needed to respond to business mails. I don't. But I certainly understand the benefit of it.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Banned
    Hammock
    Cotton Amazonian, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Kelty, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    uq or pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images

WB different but very good results

Quote Originally Posted by NOTBUSYENOUGH View Post
    I understand, and I apologize if I offend.
    You definitely did not offend anyone who does not have tissue thin skin. Your thread helped to explain this difference in vendors to may who may run into the same questions and concerns and therefore will most likely appreciate it.

Other HF members have explained it all very well above, but my 2 cents are that Brandon is a very efficient and to the point sort of person. In the past he has used USPS to ship without tracking info, and by not stocking lots of fabric and keeping finished products on hand he can keep the variety of his product high while his operating cost (investment capital) low, also warehouse space low. And he also does a remarkable job of keeping the quality high which is not easy with small semi-custom builds, technically by ISO 9001 QC standards this is done better in a factory.
    I am not the owner of a large or small manufacturing business, but this is all basic "just in time" concepts that have been taught for several decades for many industries.
    Take care and enjoy your new hammock.

Senior Member ringtail-THFKAfood's Avatar
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Full disclosure: I go to see Brandon at his shop a couple of times a year. He has done a couple of favors for me and I have reciprocated.

His hammocks are made in a factory in a small batch process. The sewing can be done randomly. Installing a roll of fabric on the cutting table is what controls the batch.

His products are a combination of design, materials and craftsmanship. All are top of the line.

My primary fly is the Edge. The combination of design, materials and workmanship are exquisite. The catenary curves are just right. The silnylon is the perfect compromise between hydrostatic head and weight. There are no waves in the tarp or wrinkles around the edges.

The phrase used in the restaurant industry is "Fine dining and casual food prices."
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    - Mark Twain

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    I don't want to enflame anyone else, but, my take is this with great quality cottage vendors. This point of view comes from a vendor that already has a reputation of being of great quality, before, I make my order and/purchase.

Please give me a short message like Brandon sent instead of a lot of valuable time spent on me instead of that quality work. That way, I know my order is being handled and almost no time wasted from the actual making of my order.

That's just me though. After the alloted time has passed, only then will I look for a more personal discussion.

You won't regret your purchase with WB and this will soon be just a memory you will forget while sleeping in elevated bliss.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Images

My experience with Warbonnet so far...

I don't get this. You're concerned about the service, but you own it and you have it. So did you sleep in it? Do You see the difference in comfort/weight between ENO and the ridge runner? To me and again everybody's different, Ridgerunner is a lot more comfortable than any gathered end. I've have every brand out there. I have a Clark I have a Hennessy, I have that you know I have Sierra designs and none of them are even close to the nights sleep than I get my Ridgerunner. I think that's what's important not how long it took it to get it. Good luck

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRl...MK2HAUuKvTzHug

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    Golite20/Jarbridge
    Suspension
    strap&buckle
    As someone that is not very good at typing I tend to keep all my emails short and to the point. I wonder how many people I have offended, without meaning to, with my short and to the point responses?

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Images
    I just want u to see what a good product u got. That's all! I'm not offended.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast