Tarp
    Eno Pro Fly
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Eno Atlas Straps

My experience with Warbonnet so far...

Hello all,

I recently purchased Warbonnet Ridgerunner from Warbonnet Outdoors and I have to say that I am not very happy with the service. From the general attitude on the forums i get from Warbonnet, I'm sure I am one of the only ones who feels this way. I guess I just wanted to vent a little.

I ordered the Hammock on the 21st and still have not been sent a shipping confirmation. I emailed support to ask if there was an issue with my order. I believe i was being very formal and polite and the answer i received was a little underwhelming...

" Lead time to ship most orders is 2-2.5 weeks on average, we'll send a shipping notice once it is boxed

Brandon"

Ok, I get it. Its a small company and their products are hand made. I guess I just don't understand that why a company wouldn't have an inventory on hand. (I'm assuming that this is the issue) Also, why such an informal response? No explanation whatsoever. I paid $208 and in return was told basically "we'll get to you when we get it to you."

The ENO products i own were sent to me in 4 days and came with a thank you note in the box. I just thought a step up in technology with Warbonnet would also be a step up in customer service as well.

Am I wrong?
    "I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space"

My Gear:
    Eno Single Nest, Eno Pro Fly, Eno Guardian Bug Net,
    Eno Atlas Straps, D.I.Y. Underquilt (Modified Sleeping Bag), My Trusty Coleman Sleeping bag if it gets chilly.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG Burrow, KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTBUSYENOUGH View Post
    Am I wrong?
    To be blunt, yes, you are wrong (or I should say misinformed about how things work with vendors like this). Warbonnet's website even says (in bold, on the top of every page of every hammock he sells) "Current Lead time to ship is under 2 weeks on average, we'll send a shipping notice at that time." He simply reiterated that statement in his email to you.

These are small shops, with limited staff. I wouldn't even be surprised if many of them have a regular full-time job on top of making hammocks and underquilts and such. They usually don't have stock on hand because everything they make sells as fast as they can make them. Many are also made in many different types/weights of materials, different colors, etc., so stocking all those different options would be difficult to say the least. This experience is the same across a wide multitude of "cottage" vendors this site endorses.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    ENO are mass produced over seas ( I believe in China ). Warbonnet products are made here in the USA. I own 4 Warbonnet hammocks and one ENO. ENO can not touch the features and quality of Warbonnet hammocks. If you don't like your Warbonnet hammock you can always sell it here on HF for almost full price and usually in under a day ( I have seen them sell in just a couple of minutes ). Try and sell a ENO and you will be lucky to have anyone even make you an offer and it sure won't be close to what you paid for it.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Eno Single Nest
    Tarp
    Eno Pro Fly
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Eno Atlas Straps
    I understand, and I apologize if I offend. I did see the above mentioned lead time banner. I'm just getting close to that time so i wanted a status update. I just thought the response was cold and impersonal. But, i can understand if their workload is that large.

My Gear:
    Eno Atlas Straps, D.I.Y. Underquilt (Modified Sleeping Bag), My Trusty Coleman Sleeping bag if it gets chilly.

Hammock
    Eno Single Nest
    Tarp
    Eno Pro Fly
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Eno Atlas Straps
    Geez, again sorry to offend, i just wanted an opinion. I understand about ENO products which is why i bought a Ridgerunner.

My Gear:

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Typhoon
    Insulation
    TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    My opinion is that I think people deserve the right to vent about customer service as others may feel the same, so it's a great way to realize that customer service is important. If they do have other jobs or banked up with orders then it doesn't take much to let people know via emails or phone calls. I'm an owner of a company that supplies products, and so providing service to customers at a reasonable time is part of the jobs and it is important. Warbonnet may have stuff going on outside our knowledge but don't give grief to people on here who just want to improve the system, it's never personal.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"- Dr Suess

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Buying from cottage vendors is just a different system that we modern folks have practically lost sight of. I think getting what is essentially custom gear made by hand is a cool thing, especially these days. But, it's a completely different experience and is not for everyone. It sounds like you would be happier buying from Sports Authority, REI, Walmart, etc. Theirs is a more familiar system.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ Doors
    Insulation
    EE Enigma TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Buying from cottage vendors is just a different system that we modern folks have practically lost sight of. I think getting what is essentially custom gear made by hand is a cool thing, especially these days. But, it's a completely different experience and is not for everyone. It sounds like you would be happier buying from Sports Authority, REI, Walmart, etc. Theirs is a more familiar system.
    +1

I prefer to buy from cottage vendors. I feel that I'm a getting a higher quality product. I've had to wait up to 8 weeks for some products but I knew that before I ordered and I have never been disappointed with the quality or value of what I received.

Hammock
    Dutch Argon/HH Exp. Zip
    Insulation
    KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    It is very easy to become anxious when we are waiting for a long desired item. And inventory or stock costs the vendor money (and may be a tax liability for them). Ordering things is like a child waiting for Christmas.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 w/net,Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    DIY D&Syn TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    CinchB & WS,Dutch
    If you ordered the Hammock on 7-21-14 and Not Counting the day of the order it has only been 9 Business Days so its no wonder that you haven't received a shipping confirmation! Remember these Cottage Vendors have families and may have other jobs as mentioned previously. If you Honestly need the hammock sooner give them a Call and let them know that...otherwise sit back and relax....all things in due time. Cheers

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast