Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Insulation
    CCF pad (for now)
    Suspension
    Ring Buckle
    Images

Military Surplus pad in a HH?

Hey all, this ios my first post. I just ordered a hennessy expedition, and whilst (yes, whilst) waiting for the usps fairy to come with it, that i was going to get the whole pad situation worked out. So my current ground pad is a miltary Polyethylene pad [clicky]. I was wondering if anyone has used one of these in a hennessy, and if so howd it work out? I would get a UQ, but being 15, I can only afford so much

Thanks in advance!

-CS
    Last edited by climberslacker; 07-26-2009 at 16:05. Reason: added the big word I had to find (Polyethylene)

Hammock
    BIAS Camper
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/HH Incubat
    Suspension
    UCRs
    Images
    I often use a milspec isomat in my Warbonnet. With it being 25" wide instead of 20, I find it works quite well down 50 degrees or even cooler as long as I don't slide off an edge.

Hammock
    WBBB,Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Claytor D, WB Hex
    Insulation
    Ptarm/Incub/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Hey Bearpaw, have you tried/eval the Clayton Jungle hammock. Looks like good quality w/o the Asym living space and shelf. What's the scoop on the Warbonnet? Love to get a Blackbird but I understand there is a waiting list?
    "Take me away to a quiet place where beings melt into inner space. Every step brings me closer to see, my haven away beneath the trees." From Beneath the Trees by Everett Dort

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmanob View Post
    What's the scoop on the Warbonnet? Love to get a Blackbird but I understand there is a waiting list?
    Warbonnetguy is a one man operation. You order it from him.. he builds it. It has taken some very innovative approaches. It's made by one of our own. He will do custom work to whatever specs you want that he can work with. (probly couldn't get a BEEP in it for example even if you wanted one.)
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    WBBB,Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Claytor D, WB Hex
    Insulation
    Ptarm/Incub/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks Ramblinrev, I appreciate Warbonnett's quality and innovation. His site says he's gotten busy at work and short in the sewing dept. I'd like to get up and running quick, Thought I was going to order Speer Hammock III Mon AM and now cautious because some reviews say it's confining. Know I will want a Blackbird in the future. This area (Central Oh.) is virgin for info on Hammock Camping, an exciting time to start. Back to the drawing board on choice of hammocks, Lots to learn...
    "Take me away to a quiet place where beings melt into inner space. Every step brings me closer to see, my haven away beneath the trees." From Beneath the Trees by Everett Dort

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmanob View Post
    Thanks Ramblinrev, I appreciate Warbonnett's quality and innovation. His site says he's gotten busy at work and short in the sewing dept. I'd like to get up and running quick, Thought I was going to order Speer Hammock III Mon AM and now cautious because some reviews say it's confining. Know I will want a Blackbird in the future. This area (Central Oh.) is virgin for info on Hammock Camping, an exciting time to start. Back to the drawing board on choice of hammocks, Lots to learn...
    The best way to get a handle on what you want is to get to a group hang and check out the goods. In the mean time, you can learn lots by following some DIY instructions. I couldn't use a speer. Just looking at them at a group hang made me squirm. But lots of folks think they are great. Plenty of DIY chops around here with people always willing to help out in the forums. Make your own and find out just exactly you like and don't.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym
    Tarp
    30D Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Biner/Des Rings
    Images
    Looks kinda like a wal mart pad to me...
    -----------------------
    Wherever you go=====
    =======There you are
    ----------------------

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Insulation
    CCF pad (for now)
    Suspension
    Ring Buckle
    Images
    ive never seen one, but if so, do you know what the r value of one is?

I have used the military pad in a HH and it worked fine. I used it with the intermediate cold bag down to the upper 30's no problem. I have used the wal-mart blue pad with the dimples in it but it was hard to adjust after I got in because it gripped the hammock material. I prefered the military pad becase I could adjust it to where I needed it. Hope this helps

• + New Posts