Wanderlust SE Robin's Egg Blue
    Tarp
    Wanderlust Special
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Brazilian Hammock trouble--tangled strings

We just re-hung one of our Brazilian hammocks and apparently some of the strings tangled in storage. I have found a couple of videos for detangling Mayan hammocks, but nothing for Brazilian. And, watching the Mayan video made me crazy because I couldn't follow along at all! Anybody have a Brazilian who can give me some pointers? It seems that every time I move a string, I make it worse.

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird/WB RR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    AE New River MM TQ
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    Good luck. I'll be interested to see what answers you get.
    I have a Byer of Maine Brazilian with the corded ends and mine has some tangles also. I've been the same route as you, watched the lady on youtube until it drove me crazy. Tried to untangle, but only made it worse. Finally got to a point where I could live with it, but it still has a couple tangles. I now keep the biners attached to the ends and hook them together everytime I stow the hammock. That way the tangling doesn't get any worse.
    It's great hammock, very comfortable and perfect for backyard hanging.

Hammock
    Brazilian Organic Merlot Family
    Go over to Seaside Hammocks and send them a message similar to what you've posted here. They should be able to help you since they sell Brazilian hammocks. They might also already have something on their site about detangling the suspension of a Brazilian hammock.

Update: I just spent a few minutes perusing the site and I do not see anything about dealing with tangles. I would also send pictures via a link(s) to online storage with your message if you have them .
    Last edited by @Diagonal; 08-07-2014 at 02:21.

Start on the outer edge and clear each consecutive line towards the middle, pushing the clew through the inside of the current line wherever it's twisted over (i.e., wherever the current line is wrapped around the clew, unwrap it). Be sure to hold away each consecutive line off to the side once it's clear of any twisted wrappings. By the time you reach the center, you'll see it become obvious that there's only one way for all the lines to hang. Just be sure to clear each of the lines consecutively from the outside to the inside, in pairs (one left, one right, then another left and right...)

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    Lotsa luck!

I store hammocks with strings by doing a loop/knot. I put a loop of cord so I have something to tug on should the knot tighten. In order to use my Brazillian XL on my Byer stand I have to knot one end. Am terrified that my weight will pull the knot too tight, so I ran it through a huge double S biner by night ize before making the knot.

http://www.niteize.com/product/S-Biner-Plastic-10.asp

Hammock
    Wanderlust SE Robin's Egg Blue
    Tarp
    Wanderlust Special
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you! I will have to try this tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by notchent View Post
    Start on the outer edge and clear each consecutive line towards the middle, pushing the clew through the inside of the current line wherever it's twisted over (i.e., wherever the current line is wrapped around the clew, unwrap it). Be sure to hold away each consecutive line off to the side once it's clear of any twisted wrappings. By the time you reach the center, you'll see it become obvious that there's only one way for all the lines to hang. Just be sure to clear each of the lines consecutively from the outside to the inside, in pairs (one left, one right, then another left and right...)

• + New Posts