warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE

Thumbs up Great Weekend

got a pm from "oms" asking what i was up to, well i was gonna go car camping with the fam, but it rained all day friday and the wife will not pack up or set up in the rain so the fam thing was canceled, so OMS and i made some very quick plans on saturday and we met each other at rock cut state park in IL. he says if i bring the yaks he will bring steaks, "what a deal". got a site #513 was very good for 2 hammocks, put the yaks in water and toured the lake for the afternoon, came back grilled steaks set up the hammocks, had a few funny looks and questions about the hammocks seeing we pretty much were surounded by "pop-ups and larger rigs" We even had to do 2 T-kayak rescues, "they rent yaks and canoes on the lake" had some newbie folks put the yaks over, the wind on pierce lake was pretty strong. had white caps which is rare for this lake. We both forgot cameras so no pics this time around, even learned a new knot for my tarp to get nice and snug, we may have converted 2 girls to hammocking if thier mom will get them a hammock, they were 3 and 5 and were very quizitive on where we were sleeping. great wekend great food great company, any body get a chance to hang with "OMS" you need to do it hell of a nice guy. I hope to plan a yak trip down the wisconsin river and hang anyone interested????
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kayaknut01 View Post
    got a pm from "oms" asking what i was up to, well i was gonna go car camping with the fam, but it rained all day friday and the wife will not pack up or set up in the rain so the fam thing was canceled, so OMS and i made some very quick plans on saturday and we met each other at rock cut state park in IL. he says if i bring the yaks he will bring steaks, "what a deal". got a site #513 was very good for 2 hammocks, put the yaks in water and toured the lake for the afternoon, came back grilled steaks set up the hammocks, had a few funny looks and questions about the hammocks seeing we pretty much were surounded by "pop-ups and larger rigs" We even had to do 2 T-kayak rescues, "they rent yaks and canoes on the lake" had some newbie folks put the yaks over, the wind on pierce lake was pretty strong. had white caps which is rare for this lake. We both forgot cameras so no pics this time around, even learned a new knot for my tarp to get nice and snug, we may have converted 2 girls to hammocking if thier mom will get them a hammock, they were 3 and 5 and were very quizitive on where we were sleeping. great wekend great food great company, any body get a chance to hang with "OMS" you need to do it hell of a nice guy. I hope to plan a yak trip down the wisconsin river and hang anyone interested????
    Sounds like an excellent time - I thought about calling you this weekend, too. Lots of things going on and I haven't had a chance to get out. I was thinking more on the lines of hiking, but it would have been fun to come down and hang at Cut Rock.

I've canoed the Wisconsin a lot, and finding trees not surrounded by poison ivy may be an issue. Sandbar camping in the summer is a pastime in itself on the Wisconsin - excellent time, but I have never done it with a hammock. I'd love to sometime. I recommend Prarie du Sac to Boscobel, or Spring Green to Bridgeport/Wyalusing. Shorter trips, Muscoda to Wyalusing, Spring Green to Boscobel, or Prarie du Sac to Lone Rock.

Sadly, I would love to go but I have some family health issues that will be taking up a lot of my time for awhile. My trips will be spur of the moment, as time allows, if at all.

Hammock
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    understood fin, aug 6 thru the 9th i'll be kayaking the apostle islands, have been getting ready for that in the water now everyday from now til the 5th. take care and i'll be praying for your families health to get better!!!!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Glad you fellers had a high ol' time ....
    I know that you were in good company .... both of you.
    Drove past that Rock Cut recently. Been on the road with my show. I am in Valparaiso, IN until Tuesday evening then off to Columbus for the Ohio State Fair for 12 days. Will get to see Stormcrow and family there. We are gonna eat deep-fried Slugs. Mm-m-m-m-m-
    Can't wait to hike/camp/paddle with you all again sometime.
    Sweatin' Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    i don't think deep fried slugs are a fair favorite,then again you guys could be on to something, take care and say hello to stormcrow for me

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben,Warbonnet
    Insulation
    CaveCreek, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    Images
    Hey Nut,
    I've been looking at getting a kayak but am not quite there yet. Maybe I could bring the steaks this time in exchange for a kayak ride. The St. Croix River area on the border looks like a pretty nice place or whatever other spot you know of. I'm looking at having some Friday's
    off in August.

Randy
    “Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared” - Jack Handy

Hammock
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    the problem with rivers is the current, i don't mind paddling upstream its a great workout, just can make for a long day if you do not have shuttleling figured out

• + New Posts