So after asking about good hang-able campsites in Wharton State Forest near me, there seems to be a shortage of two good trees at most campsites. The pictures usually show one tree I can work with. What kind of hammock support have people built when there's only one tree to hang from? All the topics seem to be about complete 2-pole setups and I don't know if ony building half of it will work.

I'm looking for portable (I have a little Honda Civic to haul it with...usually filled with other camping stuff and two kayaks on the roof), and easily buildable (trying to rig something for a trip this Saturday). I have a full array of powertools, but can't weld or anything. Have two 25' lengths of 7/64" amsteel if that's needed. Am hoping the support doesn't include sledgehammering 4' lengths of rebar into the ground or whatnot. I have a WBBB XLC with 11' ridgeline, and I weigh 290 pounds. I guess it'll also need to support my WB Superfly as well. Any help is appreciated.

On a related topic, for when there's two trees, but they're really far apart (and I literally wouldn't be able to reach high enough to position the tree straps for the correct angle), has anybody tried something like this: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...****-DIY-posts? I don't have any rings to use like they show in that post, but could run tree straps (I have 7' long ones), to some 7/64" amsteel, with two slippery hitches to attach the continuous loops of my hammock though (and hold those continuous loops in place with toggles)? --still new to all these knots and terms so please bare with me!