Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly

First tiime trying out new WBBB at Baxter State Park

So it's been a little while since I announced the arrival of my WBBB.

Alas the day it arrived we had thunder and lightning and I didnt want to ruin it being completely unexperienced with it (I had watched all of the tutorial videos)

The following day, I only had a brief amount of free time after work, so I had to pick a spot close by in order to test it out for the first time, I ended up using two small trees in my apartment complex.

image.jpg

As you can see the trees were a bit too far apart and I couldn't quite get the straps high enough for the proper angle, needless to say the ridgeline was line an over tight guitar string when I tried laying in it.

I didn't have enough time to make proper adjustments, but could at least get an idea enough to know I liked it and was happy with the purchase. The real test would come a week later when I made my second annual trip up to Baxter State Park, better known as the home of Katahdin and the northern end of the AT.

image.jpg

One of my best friend's wife's family bought a small island back before the park existed and set up a summer cabin on it.

With spectacular views of Katahdin, it's an amazing place.

Originally I planned to string it between two trees and set up the Superfly for proper effect, but then realized I'd be too far away from my friends to join in the late night conversations, plus I hadn't obtained the correct rigging for the fly setup, so I decided to use a corner of the porch.

Having been working a lot of OT lately I was comfortable laying in my WBBB, fast asleep..... snoring loudly enough to be heard down at the beach, by 9.

I quickly realized the signifigance the footbox plays for the confort factor.

I made several adjustment during my 4 night trip to find the best results. As mine is a DL model, I tried expermenting with a self inflating pad a friend lent me. I quickly took it out though.

As I don't have an underquilt (yet), I just used my Wally-World Special sleeping bag which was sufficiant, but i did find getting in and out of it trick do to being so slippery in the hammock.

I defintely think I need to try to make one of the local group hangs this season so I can get some assistance from those who've had more practice with hanging.

That being said, I can honestly say my first time out was wonderful experience. I mean, just look at the view I had each morning!

image.jpg

and here's the details of the setup:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

But, the really cool part was that my friends brought their 2yo daughter who loved the Hammock as much as I did, she even took some naps in it!

image.jpg
    Last edited by tenraek; 08-07-2014 at 02:06.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    That is quite a view. Not a bad spot for a first outing
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

• + New Posts