Custom Trail Lair; Streamliner DL
    Tarp
    Noahs 12
    Insulation
    Incubator/Bandit 0
    Suspension
    cinch buckles

SLD Double ended stuff sack for my tarp

Thank you Simply Light Designs for my new double ended tarp stuff sack. My Noah's 12 fits perfectly in the medium. I know that these are designed for hammocks, but I think they are a great idea for deploying the tarp as well. Much easier than trying to cram the tarp back into the OEM tarp stuff sack!

I stuff it the same way I do my streamliner; the suspension is at both ends so I can quickly attach one side to the tree and pull the other side out of the bag right to the other tree. No more putting the tarp on the ground and risking punctures or struggling with wind.

I know that many of you prefer tarp skins and would recommend them over my setup, but this method is really easy for me and I'm stoked that I was able to get this stuff sack from such a great vendor. SLD does amazing work and their customer service is top notch.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Interesting...I currently use tarp skins but am not sold on the concept. I like that the tarp is contained until I am ready to stake out the corners but I always struggle with trapped air in the center as I bring the two pieces together while packing up. On the other hand, I still fumble a lot with the double ended stuff sack that Warbonnet supplied with my hammock. It's great for deployment but I haven't yet mastered the art of packing up with it. Still...may be worth a try...
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    Custom Trail Lair; Streamliner DL
    Tarp
    Noahs 12
    Insulation
    Incubator/Bandit 0
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    I find that if I detach the stuff sack side and leave the other side attached to the tree, it is easier to stuff and keeps everything up off the ground (basically, work the stuff sack back to the other end; exactly the opposite of deployment).

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    I have been sold on the double ended stuffsack or black bishop bag for quite some time now for my tarp (I actually use a double ended stuffsack that has one end tied off permanently so as to not be able to open more than a small hole to make it more like a black bishop bag. I found that the force of stuffing the tarp into the double ended stuffsack would sometimes blow the opposite end of the sack open and let the tarp fall out the bottom when I was stuffing it).

I tried snake skins but just didn't like how bulky and large the end result was.

• + New Posts