Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Suspension
    Python Straps

Looking for guidance on a cpap and the NX-200

I am looking to the great wealth of knowledge of HF for some guidance.

First, let me say my question is specific to the NX-200 (old I know, but it is what I use and like). I have a new transcend cpap (small machine) and I was hoping somebody could give me some suggestions on where to place it during the night. My current thoughts are to suspend it from the loop above the head section (where I usually hang my glasses and a small lantern) but I’m not sure it will support the weight (about a pound or so). I figure the battery cord is long enough so I can place the battery in one of the pockets by the head.
    I am asking for suggestions because I don’t have the ability (this time) to do any experiments before I depart on the trip.

Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Hammock
    XLC
    Tarp
    MamaJamba
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm not familiar with the features of the NX 200 but my TX 250 has a webbing pull handle at the head end. If yours has this feature or if you can add a pull handle or loop at the end
    , I would consider putting the machine in a mesh bag and hanging it from that location. I haven't seen the transcend but after looking at it's size online that's going to be my next purchase!
    Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.

Bill Bradley

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    I have been giving this some thought as well, i have not used it when sleeping outdoors as the fresh air seems to help me breath better at night, but i really should use it, i was thinking about using my tree table from 2qzq or even the one the Klausenater sells,
    Strap it to the tree table above my head outside of the hammock and run the tube thru a small opening at the zipper.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    We have had this discussion in the past. Now the machines are smaller, you have a proper power source, so you are ahead of where most of us started.

Read your manual, my Resmed Autoset (C.P.A.P.) should not be set up over my head or too close to the ground. My Hanging machine goes next to my hip. I lay on my back when Hanging so it works for me, with the auxiliary machine I use. I have central sleep apnea, which means, my brain does not always send the message to breathe, the autoset seems to help, the implanted defibrillator also helps.

All you folks reading this thread, get your self check for SLEEP APNEA, it is a killer.
    If you need a C.P.A.P. at home you need one when away from home. Lots of medical conditions are linked to Sleep Apnea. Not all sleep apnea sufferers are loud snorers. Waking up to a headache every morning is a hint. Not being able to sleep, being tired are all signs that you should have a sleep study. It could save your life.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post

All you folks reading this thread, get your self check for SLEEP APNEA, it is a killer.
    If you need a C.P.A.P. at home you need one when away from home. Lots of medical conditions are linked to Sleep Apnea. Not all sleep apnea sufferers are loud snorers. Waking up to a headache every morning is a hint. Not being able to sleep, being tired are all signs that you should have a sleep study. It could save your life.
    + 1 on this. I never snored, and never knew I had sleep apnea. I was out of commission last summer with a broken leg, so when I found myself extra tired on my first week long rafting trip last month, I just chalked it up to being out of "river shape." Luckily for me, my friends noticed my abnormal breathing while I slept and urged me to get checked out. After a complete physical, some labwork, and an abnormal over night oxymeter test, I got the full sleep study and found out I have moderate-severe OSA. Gee.....no wonder I have fatigue, headaches, and borderline hypertension.

The Transcend machine & battery look like a nice set-up for hiking. My cpap will accompany me on 7-8 day river trips, so I'll be using 12V20AH batteries. If I'm in my hammock, it will have to be on a table of some sort next to me. If I'm using a tent & cot, it can go on the floor next to the cot.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Thanks for the suggestions! I have found that the Transcend can work in any position (I think the first ones were made to be worn on the head).
    I don't have the ability to make any modifications to my hammock

Hammock
    hh safari deluxe
    Tarp
    stock hex
    Suspension
    diy whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    We have had this discussion in the past. Now the machines are smaller, you have a proper power source, so you are ahead of where most of us started.

Read your manual, my Resmed Autoset (C.P.A.P.) should not be set up over my head or too close to the ground. My Hanging machine goes next to my hip. I lay on my back when Hanging so it works for me, with the auxiliary machine I use. I have central sleep apnea, which means, my brain does not always send the message to breathe, the autoset seems to help, the implanted defibrillator also helps.

SLEEP STUDY scheduled for tomorrow night

after a recent week in ICU w/ a 2nd blood clot to the lungs, the staff determined i needed an O2 test, thru the night

76% wasn't high enough to make them happy, ME EITHER...

MY BRIDE WAS CORRECT(i hesitate to say she was RIGHT)

been on O2 @ night since

that d.... machine would be impossible to hang inside my hammock

thanks for your posts, they'll give me a place to start reading/studying...

sw
    "we are the people our parents warned us about" jb

steve

• + New Posts