Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    If sil is only availabe in solid colors, what is claytor and hh making their tarps from??
    Fabric mills will often make fabrics which are not released for retail sales. Retail is actually a very small part of the fabric business and shrinking yearly. It is not at all unusual for designs to be available to bulk purchasers but not to the yardage trade. We ran into this when we were doing a small clothing manufacturing business. We didn't want to buy rolls so we were stuck with what was available on bolts. The retail trade is actually able to get only a portion of that quantity as well.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by texron View Post
    I see a lot of talk about camo tarps as of late and it got me thinking, (uh oh) I was driving to school today and saw how green everything is. (it's been raining a lot the last couple days) It seems to me that a camo tarp, like The Claytor Diamond Fly, would actually stick out in that environment, no? Wouldn't just a green tarp be as good in this case? Seems like the Claytor, and those like it might be better suited the fall season? Any thoughts as I'm about to snag a tarp soon.

i would be invisible if the sky was not in the backgroung in this pictureneo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Switchback 1.9DL
    Tarp
    10x12 TTTG CatCut
    Insulation
    PolarPod
    Suspension
    TTTG Ring Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    If sil is only availabe in solid colors, what is claytor and hh making their tarps from??
    I can't speak for HH, but Claytor tarps are PU coated.
    Beer won't solve problems, but then again, neither will milk !
    Designer of the Switchback Hammock
    Tree to Tree Trail Gear:http://tttrailgear.com

Hammock
    HH ULBA
    Tarp
    Aus. army hootchie
    Insulation
    poncho liner
    Images
    Here are some alternatives to civvie camo tarps...

1. Aus army AUSCAM "Hootchie" Tarp (this is what I use) - http://www.cadetshop.com.au/shop/pro...sCat=0_356_622 This is THE absolute best price I have ever seen on one of these - A$34.95. Incidentally, have you ever seen those Ray Mears "survival" shows on cable? This is what he uses as his ground shelter.

2. UK Army "Basha" Tarp - Same as above but in UK DPM camo (similar colours to woodland) - http://www.survival-school.org/Defau...0&ProductID=83 UK £31.50

3. USMC Woodland MARPAT/Coyote reversible field tarp - Total rip off of the Australian Hootchie (like the UK Basha) but reversible. http://www.us-elitegear.com/catalog/usmc-field-tarp.htm - The price here appears to be a little steep. I've seen em for US$75 shipped on that nasty auction site.

The Hootchie/Basha/Field Tarp is perfectly adaped for use with a hammock. I just got home from literally months in the jungle using my HH and a Hootchie as a tarp. You sling it asym and it works with much better coverage than the standard HH tarps.

My Hootchie weighs around 700g (25 OZ?).

Hammock
    HH ULBA
    Tarp
    Aus. army hootchie
    Insulation
    poncho liner
    Images
    My camo hootchie tarp...

This photo is for a quick setup. You'll notice some bits hanging free. The tarp is tied to the same pegs used for the side tie-outs on the hammock. I've used it like this many times in the rain with zero problems. In the wind though, it can get annoying from the flapping. For a little more living space, I'll peg it out completely.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Nice set-up, my friend has a hunting coat in a similar pattern, he absolutely disappears in the woods, blends in nice in lots of different settings.

This is a camo netting product that looks very good, I've seen it at the stores and hunting shows. It could be draped over the tarp for concealment. A leafy looking string set up, the hunting blind is not included. But it says it weighs 1.6 lbs., so its a little heavy. It looked well madehttp://www.ameristep.com/accessories/3322_cover.html

And for those that golf and can't find your balls, now you can look for your clubs, too http://www.ameristep.com/golf/travelbag.html
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234