Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    David here. All unpacked, gear is hanging up throughout the house drying. What a great weekend! Hats off to Dutch and 2Q/ZQ for pulling this together, and the Jacks from running the raffle. Hopefully everybody stayed dry and warm! It was great to meet so many people - hopefully we'll see you all in the Spring!
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    11ft
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug
    Had another great MAHHA! 3rd for me.

It was great as always to see familiar faces, and pick back up where we last left off. As well as new faces, to share the hang lifestyle that we all are so connected to.

Mad props to Hammeck for bring out the full crew to answer all of the questions that we could come up with. I enjoyed hanging with you all, and I'm glad I got to meet Mom and Dad Meck as well.

I just have to remember the proper formula for the number of hammocks I should have. N + 1 where N = the number of hammocks you already have.

I think my big pull from the raffle, which I was quite successful with, has to be the JRB Down Hood. I slept in that last night, and was cozy as I've ever been when the temps drop into the 30s or below. I'll be packing that hood with me on every one of my winter trips for sure.

As always, I am looking forward to the next MAHHA. In the mean time, Diab and I are planning on doing a NoVa November hang in northern Virginia. Once we start to iron out more details, a thread will be started.

Remember, we may all sleep independently, but we are all connected through more than just our tree straps.

Fantastic weekend! All dried out as well. Nice hike in. Nice hike out.
    Great breakfast. Awesome dinner.
    Good to see old friends Padovini and John.
    Some people have no idea what they missed.
    Excellent chance to dial my water proofing in.
    Thanks to all the volunteers.
    Thanks to all the generous vendors. Outstanding raffle!
    Looking forward to the next one

Hammock
    SMr Pares
    Tarp
    SMr Nube'
    Insulation
    foam pad
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Again, thx for all who brought this together on an other seccusfull hang. Enjoyed my time tith John (glad you got a new tarp), Padovini, and Wingnut. Had a great time. Glad I could help out Mama Meck. See y'all next time.

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images

Another Great MAHHA

I agree with the comments above - it was another great MAHHA Thanks to all the behind the scenes folks at the hang and those that could not attend but did so much advance work (2Q, ZQ, Happy Camper... I'm sure I'm missing others).

Thanks to vendors, both present and not, that contributed to the raffle and to our collective hammocking knowledge. I switched my UQ after I hung my hammock Friday from a 3/4 length DIY to a JRB Hudson River (I keep the UQ on the hammock when packing) and within an hour or two Pan came by with his buddy DGrav. I mentioned I needed to adjust the UQ and the next thing you know they each took an end of the hammock, tweaked the UQ and I slept toasty all weekend. I guess JRB makes "tarp calls".

Oh, one last thing, and I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Dutch must have had an accident after everyone left. Apparently he has to go see his dentist. Something about trying to demonstrate the use of the pee bag while riding his electric skateboard and bruises on his butt.
    Your dog is the only relative you choose...

My first MAHHA and WOW!! My family and I had a great time!
    It was amazing meeting so many knowledgable and helpful hangers. It was a lot of fun putting names to faces. Thanks to everybody who helped put it together and the venders for the incredible raffle!! I'm now the lucky owner of a Phoenix 20 given to me by Adam from HG.com himself! Last night was the best night ever in my hammock because of the Phoenix.
    I can't wait until the next hang!!!

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by meckelangelo View Post
    David here. All unpacked, gear is hanging up throughout the house drying. What a great weekend! Hats off to Dutch and 2Q/ZQ for pulling this together, and the Jacks from running the raffle. Hopefully everybody stayed dry and warm! It was great to meet so many people - hopefully we'll see you all in the Spring!
    Ditto to everything reported so far. We experienced a rainy Friday night, a cold Saturday night, and warm and generous friendships abound. Thanks to the Mecks for demoing several Hammecks and letting me try the Poly D and Argon in 11 foot lengths. I really liked the Envy. Too bad I didn't win the $225 voucher they gave in the raffle. There must have been over $2,000 worth of gear in that raffle. Thanks to all of the donations!

And the food! Great breakfast and awesome dinner. The ribs and chicken were delicious. That huge pot of coffee with the pantyhose...lol, and NJRednecks home made hot water heater for hot chocolate and doing dishes was a genius piece of equipment.

Hey Dutch, what's the name of that dentist again?
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    Jellyfish Deluxe
    Tarp
    JRB and HG
    Insulation
    HG 0 and 30 degree
    Suspension
    whoopies or buckle
    Great people, great time, great food! I was lucky enough to win the 0° top quilt by hammock gear.com. Man did that come in handy last night. Was nice and cozy. Thanks to everyone who made this event great!

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by rbpratt View Post
    Again, thx for all who brought this together on an other seccusfull hang. Enjoyed my time tith John (glad you got a new tarp), Padovini, and Wingnut. Had a great time. Glad I could help out Mama Meck. See y'all next time.
    I'm quite certain Mom will be on later (she's taking a nap, from what I understand) to thank you for the use of your tarp, but I will also extend my gratitude! We're already ironing out the details so that she and Dad can have their own tarps for the next hang.
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    Gggrrrrr!!! Dagnabit! It sounds like I missed a goodie. I'm really bummed about it, but my little buddy needed me. (turned out to have an ear infection)

As promised, I'm about to put the stuff I made in the PIF thread. Just finished the whoopies.

I look forward to seeing the pics that will be posted. I'm really sorry I couldn't make it. Had a bit of a "perfect storm" on Saturday.

I WILL BE at the spring MAHHA!
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

• + New Posts
  • Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast