WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images

PA > Fall MAHHA/PGF/Oct. 10-12 Official Planning Thread!!

Don't miss it!!!

8th Annual Fall MAHHA!
    Pine Grove Furnace State Park

October 10-12, 2014. Friday to Sunday

2012 Fall MAHHA by Dan Innamorato, FotoProBono. [email protected] Thanks Dan!

Google Sign-Up Sheet Here
    (Thanks Zilla for the great spreadsheet! )

Pine Grove Furnace State Park
    1100 Pine Grove Rd.
    Gardners, PA 17324

GPS Coordinates: Lat. 40.02565 Long. -77.31086
    Driving directions & map: Scroll down just a bit and click on the "Find us" tab: Here

Organizers: Dutch, Zilla, and others!

Park Information: Here

This is a Family-Friendly Event!

Pavilion: We have the Furnace Stack Pavilion reserved for the entire day Saturday. The cost for this is covered with the raffle monies.

Vendor Sales: As with all MAHHAs...there will be no vendor sales. The MAHHAs are for fun, fellowship, food, relaxation, etc. We, as a group, do not have a sales permit from PGFST, and have no interest in obtaining one.

Demonstrations/instructional times...To be determined.

Cell Phone Coverage: There is next to no coverage in the park. I have been able to text more often than call. There are some locations where there is some call coverage...but not very reliable.

Free Camping: All of the group sites have been reserved. The cost for these sites is covered with the raffle monies.

Free Firewood: Each of these group sites have their own campfire ring... Friends of Pine Grove Furnace are dropping off a load of firewood on Friday night for free because we have donated to the group in the past.

Or you can bring fire wood...just make sure it is from PA as per PGFST requests. Note: The park allows gathering dead, down wood... but no chainsaws in the park.

Photo by Hamhocker. Thanks!

Water:
    The group site has a water pump near the parking area.

Bathrooms: The group site has men and women's flush toilets and sinks with running water within walking distance.

Parking: With the amount of attendees, there will be a concern for parking. There is a large parking lot at the group sites, but we need to park conservatively. Our group will be the only one using this parking lot, so it will be better than years before. As last year....There will be no parking allowed along the entry road into the group camping area. And there will be no parking allowed on the main road.

Anyone coming for the day on Saturday, will need to park in one of the day use areas...not in the group camping parking lot.

Pre Hikers/Post Hikers...There will be NO parking in the group parking lot before Friday or after Sunday late afternoon. Please do not go to the office and ask....not happening! You can use the Parking area available for the Appalachian trail located near the Furnace Stack Pavilion. You will need to register your vehicle with the office. You may also use the parking lot down the road...at Caledonia State Park...on the other side of Rt. 30. You might need to register your vehicle there also.

Pay Family Campground: It is just up the road on the right. Sites can and should be reserved for anyone not wanting to hang or tent in the Group Camping Area. There are sites with electric. There are sites that allow dogs. There is a bath house with showers and flush toilets for those with sites. Note...Sites with electric that allow dogs have the highest demand. The person reserving sites in the Family Campground is responsible for the cost.

Dogs: Dogs are not allowed in the Group Camping area, but are allowed at the pavilion and at certain campsites in the family campground. Service dogs are allowed anywhere in the park.

Alcohol: No alcoholic beverages allowed in the state park. Rangers will be patrolling the area and will be invited to attend the dinner.

Saturday Morning Breakfast: Dutch is the contact person. Please use the signup sheet to register your attendance.

Saturday Supper: Please use the signup sheet to register your attendance.

Dutch is organizing a rib roast so we will need some help with this. Private message Dutch if you can lend a hand. We will need people to help grill the pre-cooked ribs. Plus we may need an extra grill or 2. Message Dutch to discuss. We will also need a count of attendees about a week before the roast so make sure to sign-up before then. The cost for the Roast is covered with the raffle monies. Thanks!

Everyone is encouraged to bring a food contribution for the supper. Please see the sign up sheet for suggested food items. There are other items needed...please sign up to bring something if you are able.

Raffle: After the meal, we will holding a raffle, which pays for all costs incurred by our event. Any extra money is donated to the park, the AT, etc., and to reserve sites for the next MAHHA. Tickets $10 each!

Photo by DavyRay. Thanks!

Clean-up after dinner:
    After the meal and raffle: Please make sure you clean up your eating area and take with you, or dispose of, any food containers you brought. This will help to leave the pavilion area in the same or better condition than when we arrived.

Sunday: Sunday when leaving group hang area: Please look around your area before you leave to make sure everything is cleaned up...again...let's leave the group hang area in the same or better condition than when we arrived. If someone forgot something, take it with you and post on HF. If you don't want to take it with you, leave it on a picnic table.

Previous Thread about Fall MAHHA: Dutch's "Save the Date" Thread

Photo by Velcro. Thanks!

Thanks everyone for all your contributions and volunteer work on this event each year!!! Can you believe this is #8! We wouldn't/couldn't do it if you all weren't such great peoples!!!
    Last edited by HappyCamper; 08-15-2014 at 07:48.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Sorry this was late getting on the forum. But it's here now so let the posting begin!

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I'm excited. I forget how many years we have been doing this but each one seems to get better and better.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    ENO Housefly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Images
    complete noob looking to go *if finances and scheduling continue to work out* and learn so much new stuff. i'm very basic with hanging. i don't use all that "fancy" stuff so i'm hoping to learn more about keeping things basic but still new ways of doing things.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    A few people, including myself have said that they missed one or two of the Demonstrations/instructional displays due to not knowing exactly where they were in the park.
    I would like to suggest that all
    Demonstrations/instructional displays be held in one central location.Walking around looking for them last spring,it seemed that by the time i found one it was allmost over, and i am not the only one this happened to and as a result of this i would suggest that we hold them around the large stone fire pit.
    There are plenty of picnic tables in this area and anyone looking for a demo would only need to come to the stone firepit area and look around.
    Of course this is only my suggestion and if anyone has a better one please feel free to share, we can determin the times later, surely they will need to be between breakfast and dinner on saturday.

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    A few people, including myself have said that they missed one or two of the Demonstrations/instructional displays due to not knowing exactly where they were in the park.
    I would like to suggest that all
    Demonstrations/instructional displays be held in one central location.Walking around looking for them last spring,it seemed that by the time i found one it was allmost over, and i am not the only one this happened to and as a result of this i would suggest that we hold them around the large stone fire pit.
    There are plenty of picnic tables in this area and anyone looking for a demo would only need to come to the stone firepit area and look around.
    Of course this is only my suggestion and if anyone has a better one please feel free to share, we can determin the times later, surely they will need to be between breakfast and dinner on saturday.
    Agreed, should be in one location.

Also, count me and DayGlow in for the MAHHA.

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Looks like I'll miss this one. The date conflicts with an event at camp and I will be needed at camp. I'm sure Donna will send some 2QZQ items with somebody for the raffle.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Tim, sooo sorry you and Donna will miss this one. You will be missed. But thanks for the raffle prizes. That's great. And speaking of great. Wow! I was looking at the spreadsheet and at what everyone is already volunteering to bring and do. It's wonderful! Hammock Forum people are the best! Thanks everyone!

Donna, thanks for your help in organizing this one! HF people help even when they aren't attending. Sweet!
    Last edited by HappyCamper; 08-13-2014 at 06:22.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I'm excited. I forget how many years we have been doing this but each one seems to get better and better.
    Dutch, this is the 8th year for fall MAHHA! I remember the very first one. There were about 25 people over at Gathland, MD. We had such a great time, we never stopped having them.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I just added a spicing whoopies demo from 1pm to 2pm Saturday at the big fire ring.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast