Too many Hammocks!!!!

Ok I think I have made my mind up on the hammock I want. Clark Jungle Hammock Ultra Light. Now this is subject to change since I am very new to hammocks. Just wanting to know some of the pros and cons for the ultra light. Thanks.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Great choice, my only thoughts would be why not spend a few dollars more and get the tropical so that if one day you want the weather sheild you have given yourself more options.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I agree with Clumseybear. I don't own any Clarks, but I've been privileged enough to use a few of them for many nights. Those weathershields are a great feature; I really like them. Can it be completely removed or just tucked back into it's pocket? I don't remember.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The Weathersheild cannot be completely removed on the NA, but I would guess on the tropical since its an add on, the sheild can be removed when not needed.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    I tuck it into the pocket that's on the top of the foot end. I don't think it will come totally off of the hammock. Guess that's something I'll have to check out...

smokeEater: what kind of temps and conditions will you be using the ultralite? When I was deciding on which to order, I looked at what temps I'm usually in. I liked the ultralite but decided on the tropical because of the versitility of that weathershield. And boy am I glad I did. I've found it amazing the difference that thing does... example, camping along the CapeFear River, temps diped and I've only got a summer uq, the clothes I'm wearing and a thin silk sheet. I'm cold!! Woke up and zipped that weathershield shut and wa-la, I'm warm. I also like that the head end of my tropical has skeeter netting and ripstop nylon that folds down. Makes it a whole lot cooler inside when camping in the very humid hot south w/skeeters, I can have the head end just showing the netting. These will add weight but I found it to be worth it. The number of pockets under neigth are different. I use these pockets for my gear so nothing is left on the ground when I'm sleeping. I like that these pockets are spread apart, it keeps the bottom of my hammock cooler. And way cooler than the NA Clark. Course, that also means that I get cold on the bottom side faster than if I was in a NA but that's why I carry an uq. (or a pad) The ultralite will also be cooler on the bottom side so with either, you'll need under insulation.

• + New Posts