I am new to the forum so I may have missed something on this subject. a response may just be a direction to a recent thread on topic. I know down is the preferred insulation for UQ but I am not quite to the point of making the financial leap nor do I have the time to suck down from coats. (I wish I did).
My questions is for the synthetic options. What is the latest/greatest insulation with the following factors:
Insulation value to weight ratio-
Compress-ability (keeping mind it could be rolled rather than stuffed)-
Cost-

I have seen many threads on the topic (may have missed a few), but not many in the last couple years that talk about anything new. Most threads are from 2009-2012.

From what I have read I am considering Climasheild Apex6. I had considered Climasheild HL 6oz or multiple layers of Insultex IX. I know there are number of others out there and most are variations of the same thing but branded from one manufacturer or another. (Polarguard, Primaloft...)

Is there anything new that I should be considering?

This project is also a fun project for me to improve my skills at the thread injector as I eventually build up to a down baffled version in a few years.