Dutch PoylD 11' charcoal grey
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

HH order arrived today

My order got here today and after getting off work and home at midnight it was like christmas.

I got ultrilite backpacker with monsoon fly for my 13 yr old boy scout and for me i got he deep jungle XL with typhoon fly. getting order done was great and dealing with Steve at HH has been spot on CS. all qustions i could ask have been handled quick and with good info.

Now to the only problem so far with this. we are hanging this weekend and the pad did not come with the DJ as it said on web site.
    I have an e-mail in to them already about it and will see what happens.
    guess i wont be testing out he bubble pad with it this weekend.
    temps look like in 60's over night here in central OH for weekend so should be good with fleece bag liner under me in hammock as i did at boyscout summer camp in my WAl-Mart hammocks we used then.

Am looking forward to kicking bac in my new HH DJ and getting some real sleep. have not slept as well in bed after 6 nights in hammock at camp.

Hammock
    To many
    Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images
    Congrats on the new gear. I started with the HHED. I now have a collection of hammocks & it's still my favorite.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    i had mine strung up in livingroom froom the 1.25" wooden curtian rod to the decrative rod iron on other wall at 2 am just to get a good look at it and put the snake skins on.

will be having friends over this weedend for camp fire and "HANGING" in the back yard

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    hennessy rain fly
    Suspension
    readystraps
    Awesome. Let us know what you think of the pad once it comes in. Im thinking of getting one.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    The pad is already on its way to me. sent e-mail last night at 2 am EST and had a reply this moring at 10:35 am that it is shipping out.

just came back in to get ready to go to work after doing a quick hank in back yard with it.
    will take a little bit of tweeking to get it down to best setup after all i been using a Wal-Mart hammock with biners and Atlas straps.
    and i will say that set up is real fast and easy to do and adjust. no knots or lashings.
    But the DJ XL rocks in confort. had to force myself out of it and put it away before i feel asleep and was later going to work.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    hennessy rain fly
    Suspension
    readystraps
    Are you going to be using the suspension straps from HH or the Atlas straps?

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    i have alot of thoughts racing thru my head as to which way i want to go with hanging my new DJ. the Atlas straps are very fast and easy set up and with a little extra cord on the Hammock side you have the abilty to fine ture your hang. after it is up.
    been thinking i may go with whoopie slings and a biner to attach to the Atlas straps.
    i di not like the HH straps at all, I have the 72" ones and unless it is a smaller tree to wrap around once i the Atlas has them beat plus the Atlas does not strech when loaded. i used them for 6 nights at summer camp and think they where rock solid.
    I may try and use a biner with the curent rops on my DJ until i can get whoopies made but will be using the Atlas thisweekend with it.
    will keep posting as new info and ideas come out of this. i love to go reppeling so tying up some rope to webbing with biners will fun to work on again.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    hennessy rain fly
    Suspension
    readystraps
    I just ordered some straps from readystrap.com after several reccomendations from other members here. Looks like a simple easy way to hang, thats how I prefer it..lol..

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB Nest
    Suspension
    Different Types
    Before you do anything with you suspension watch this video from Derek Hanson about using a continuous loops.

http://theultimatehang.com/2013/07/s...ntinuous-loop/

I'm going to do it so I can use whoopies, buckles, or whatever strikes my fancy or is easiest for the kids/wife to do.

As to your pad, I have a single layer, bottom entry expedition and survivor and have used the pad inside several times. It worked well but trying to get comfortable in a bottom entry HH was a pain. It always was moving around and I had issues with condensation. I eventually converted an old sleeping bag to an underquilt and it was SO much nicer.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    as for using the pad as my insulation im going to be getting HG UQ for my son and I.
    figure i pad for it i should have it.
    Steve at HH was very sorry it got left out and is taking care of it for me with no problems.

I have been to HG's shop and spent hours talking with Adam and Jenny this past spring. they are only 45 mins from my house and i think they are great people making a great product. Im sure i could find UQ for less than theirs but then i will always be wishing i had theirs.
    the real qustion is what temp rating do i go with, thinking 20* and if we are going out colder than that will just have to take extra layers of clothing and stuff to be prepared.
    going to work on tying my suspension ropes to my biners for now to use with my atlas straps untill i can get Amsteel from Dutch make whoopie slings and am planing on still using atlas straps for my tree huggers. they are light and let you make fast set up then will use whoopies to make the final fine tuning to tweek the perfect hang. but that will take some time to get figured out here in back yard as to just how i want it.
    the one piece off info im still looking for is just how tight do you hang a HH to get the ridge line right so as to not be too tight andstill have the flat lay they talk about being able to have.
    will keep looking for that info, and maybe some one will see this and have it for me.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast