Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ENO bugnet

Gander stores in my area are selling ENO gear at 25% off.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 UQ
    Suspension
    AHE Strps & Whpies

Eno Bug Net

My first hammock was an Eno Singlenest. I bought the bug net a couple of season's later. Both are still going strong. I agree that the Bug Net might seem relatively pricey; but IMHO the quality of Eno's gear matches the cost. The weight of the Singlenest/Bug Net combination has never been an issue for me. I use the attached stuff bags on the Eno equipment to pack as designed. When needed, I have used an Equinox 10' x 12' ultralight silnylon tarp with a ridge line and tie outs for weather protection.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    This is great timing on this thread. I have been thinking of getting the ENO bugnet just to complete the the set up for my ENO Doulbnest to use as a back up

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Well I'm always reading these forums and enjoying the amazing ideas and thoughts for hanging in trees! My buddy Ken is always keeping me posted on stuff that I miss. Great site .... OK ... so it's time I contribute something:

I was very lucky and bumped into a young guy that had an ENO single nest that he didn't want and I got it for 25 bucks and the straps for 5 ... so tempted me to be "unfaithful" to my beloved HH.

Skitters ... big problem ... but I didn't want to shell out big bucks for the ENO or the H.BLiss version. Besides I have this old US Army cot netting (no see-um too) that I must have paid less than $5 for back in the day. Washed it to get the musty smell out of it and started cutting. A day with my mom's sewing ... err ... excuse me ... thread injection machine ... (Ken corrected me on that) ... and I came up with a pretty neat little rig. I've posted a review of what I did on www.linvillegorge.net that you can read if you're so inclined. See link below:

http://www.linvillegorge.net/smf/index.php?topic=408.0

Post 135 has most of the pictures. Post 137 has a break down of some items and their respective weights.

I figured I didn't need the full bag set up and I didn't want to go to the trouble and weight of the zipper ... OK ... my thread injecting skills aren't that good.

I added ... not in this report ... bungee cords in the side hem and tested it out last night. Works well and exit of the hammock is easy. I'm planning on treating the hammock and netting with Sawyers Permethrin ... so they don't bite me in my butttocks during the night! Love that stuff by the way ... because ticks don't!

Anyway ... if you have an old GI cot net ... this really worked out well and makes a really sweet light weight rig for summer. So now I have another hammock, straps and netting for maybe $40 total ... not too bad.

Going to test that bad boy out next week in the gorge ... I'll post a "field test review" then.

From looking at pictures, The ENO Guardian clips to a ridgeline. This is a problem if you want a ridgeline to clip things to.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine_Light View Post
    From looking at pictures, The ENO Guardian clips to a ridgeline. This is a problem if you want a ridgeline to clip things to.
    Not really. The Guardian bugnet utilizes a separate ridgeline that comes with it to clip to. So, if you want to use a structural ridgeline under your Guardian, then there's no problem at all clipping things to it.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12