Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images

SEHHA June 8-10 Hot Springs, NC

I had so much fun at April's SEHHA I can't wait until June!
    19th SEHHA Campout

Hot Springs Campground

Hot Springs, NC

June 8-10, 2007

Sponsored by Speer Hammocks, Inc

Join us for the 19th SEHHA (SouthEast Hammock Hangers Association) campout June 8-10, 2007. It's FREE! (except for your $5/nite camping fee). This is an informal group event and everyone is welcome--veteran, novice or future hammockers. See, learn and share your knowledge with other hammock enthusiasts. This will be an easy overnight campout at a commercial campground in a beautiful mountain river setting near the Appalachian Trail in western North Carolina! Join me, Ed Speer, author of the Hammock Camping book and editor of the Hammock Camping Newsletters for a fun midsummer campout. Previous trips were well attended and this is another chance for hammockers to show their stuff, share ideas, learn from others, and be a part of the 'new way'. Meet old friends and make new ones! Check out the newest hammock gear!

An added bonus for our summer campout is the annual Bluff Mountain Bluegrass Festival!

http://www.main.nc.us/bluff/

The festival is being held the same weekend on the grounds of the Hot Springs Campground--how neat is that! A hammock campout and bluegrass festival all in one! Sleep like a baby outdoors and listen to live bluegrass music from your hammock! It doesn't get any better, so don't miss this one!

We will camp in the popular Hot Springs Campground approximately 45 minute drive northwest of Asheville, NC or 1.5 hours east of Knoxville, TN. The campground is located on the east side of the town of Hot Springs on Highway US 25/70 directly across from the Hot Springs Resort and Hot Tubs. The campground is situated on the French Broad River and our campsite (#413) is on the rivers' west bank. Road access to the campground is from Asheville, NC or Newport, TN on US 25/US 70. Trees are available for about 15 hammocks, so please bring hammock stands if you have them--we will also provide stands (contact us to reserve one). Everyone will be responsible for his or her own transportation, gear, behavior, and camping fees ($5/person, see Ed at campsite). Camp central for the weekend will be the camp fire and large white canopy at site #413.

Show up anytime and leave anytime, but don't miss our free Saturday evening hot dog cookout! This is now a tradition at each hammock hangers campout--it's not to be missed! Otherwise, everyone will be responsible for his or her own meals.

Upon arrival, check in at the campground gate and ask for the 'hammock group'. Karen and I will be at the campsite Friday afternoon thru midday Sunday, so arrive anytime after 1 pm Friday. Folding lounge chairs might be appropriate for the festival, so bring your own. The Hot Springs area abounds with outdoor opportunities like hiking, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, mountain biking, etc--you can easily combine the hammock campout with an outdoor trip. The Appalachian Trail passes thru town and only a few hundred feet from our campsite. The French Broad River adjacent to our campsite is a popular fishing and floating stream.

Find complete campground details at:

http://camp.nchotsprings.com/

Find driving directions at: http://nchotsprings.com/directions.html

Summer temperatures at this elevation can fluctuate wildly, so expect daytime temps of 50-85F and nighttime temps of 40-70F. Rain is possible so be prepared.

Signing up is not necessary, but letting us know will be appreciated-- [email protected] or call (828) 724-4444

Everyone Welcome! See ya at Hot Springs!
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

cool looks like I can finally make one.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    all right!!! i like blue grass music... especially from my hammock!
    it's on my calendar.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    nice pictures headchange.
    i like the side tie outs too. i'll get some pictures along w/ some of my observations & what changes (concerning side tie outs) i plan to make on the next tarp.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I just checked the calender and I have to work that weekend but I will find someone to switch with me.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Traveler
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben
    Insulation
    LeighLo/Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Fantastic. Now I have a chance to attend one and maybe my grandson can attend with me. He is a hanger and loves bluegrass music.

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    I'm not wild about bluegrass, but I'm definitely going to try to make that one.
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I might be able to make that one. BB and I can sit at the campsite listening to heavy metal while everyone else goes out for bluegrass.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    I might be able to make that one. BB and I can sit at the campsite listening to heavy metal while everyone else goes out for bluegrass.
    How about we take the heavy metal over to the pub and have a few pints o' th' black stuff while we're at it?
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Maybe we can hang our hammocks out on the patio...
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast