Got some stuff from Simon over at Tier, and got a UQ built!I would give my stitching a D+, my skills are a bit rusty.
Outer is some red/orange argon90 (this stuff is awesome, I'm stoked to use it on my top quilts) the black is some cheap PU coated nylon. The liner side is just nylon taffeta to allow good airflow into the quilt (and because I'm cheap) fill is two layers of 2.1 climashield. I was going to do a single layer, but during the initial testing, I wasn't 100% on it, so I figured better to go warmer, as its easier to adjust cooler. Suspension is 2mm shock, and dutch quilthooks. I did some quilting by hand, just to hold the fill in place a bit, its not that great, and I'm debating just running some quilting lines over the whole thing. But I'll see how it goes on the trip I'm taking next week. It will be paired with a light down bag as a TQ for the trip.
I plan to do a 6oz set, and I'm thinking a 2.2 top quilt. Which should give me some pretty good adaptability. I don't think I'll have time to get those done in time for the trip, but it may happen. In which case it will come down to the forecast as to what I take. (although since its a paddling trip with an enforced swim, my bet is I'll take the warmest of what I have)
Some lessons learned. It ends up being pretty much exactly my height, which means I lost more than I planned on in length. But thats my poor planning skills. So I'll do the other ones longer. I wanted 1mx2m, and got a little less than that, so it works, but for the 6oz, which is going to be my solid cold weather set, I'll oversize them quite a bit more. I lost about 10cm out of the width, and 20 out of the length.
Very happy with the compressibility, and pack-ability of the UQ.
One thing I will probably do for the rest of the set is to keep the argon to the TQ, I'm feeling like its big advantage is the feel, so I'd rather have that where I feel it. Some may differ on that, But thats my thoughts, so it will probably be reserved for the top half of the quilt, where I'll feel it most. So yeah, a few screw-ups, and quite a bit of seam ripping, but when its all said and done, I'm happy with what I've come out with.
Next project is a big tarp, Its an offset diamond/hex hybrid, so we'll see how it works out.