WBBB 1.1 dbl (pending)
    Tarp
    Superfly (pending)
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Wash. 3
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

My insulation is starting with JRB

This morning I purchased the 3 season set with the Mt. Washington 3 and a long Sierra Sniveller with active-dri and they are already in the mail. I'm hoping all the research I did into quilts will pay off.

This is actually my first insulation purchase. I got a cheap hammock to try out making the change for some light weight backpacking. I debated the JRB bridge or a WB XLC. I decided to split the two and get the insulation through JRB.

Will these quilts be overkill in Texas? I figured on really hot days -- for instance, if I'm camping in the summer -- I can do without the underquilt. On days where it's in between, I can adjust my top quilt for comfort.

Looking forward to my JRB.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Welcome to the group. As you read through the responses to different threads, you will find a wide range of responses. We are all different, I am cold most of the time, it does not seem to matter where I am, I'm cold. All the equipment is adjustable, if you become too warm after venting, remove the top quilt and then the under quilt. You can only take note of what other members are doing or not doing, you need to try out different solutions to your personal needs. I am sure a lot of members will think three season UQ in Texas is over kill, well it would not be for me, however, I am probably an exception to the rule.

If the three season is too warm after venting and removing the top layer, carry a piece of polar fleece or a poncho liner, they are light, but a bit bulky if you are packing. Trying is the best way to know how to meet your personal needs.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl (pending)
    Tarp
    Superfly (pending)
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Wash. 3
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I decided to go for warmer rather than risk being cold. I know that I sleep with a lot of covers, so I think I'm a fairly cold sleeper. If it's overkill, I guess it'll be motivation to travel north for some camping and to incorporate more winter camping.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    AE Ridgecreek
    Suspension
    Beckett Hitch
    Images
    I don't know about Houston, but it got down to low teens last winter where I live, just south of Ft. Worth. I have a High Sierra Sniveller and I'm glad I did. I don't think what you got will be overkill for late fall/winter. Sounds like a sweet set up.

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    I bought the ONE season (you have to specify that option) Jarbridge from Arrowhead for summer use. Haven't tested in the field but (to quote Paul) it packs to the size of a melon.

Hammock
    Trek Light Single
    Tarp
    JRB Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Kat TQ/HR BQ
    JRB Down Top and Bottom here. Also have synthetic bags and poncho liners.

I prefer the down when it's really cold or I need the extra space by squeezing it small. I prefer the synthetic stuff when it's going to be wet.

A three season under quilt and a poncho liner on top works well for me in cool weather. Might need to throw the rain jacket on top sometimes.

Hammock
    Dutch Argon 11'
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    JRB GL3 + REI bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I ordered my first hammock, about 2 wks ago. It took me 2 wks to pull the trigger on a JRB 3/4 3 season UQ. It was shipped right away, and I received email confirmation immediately. All of this is great for the customer, but what about the quilt? its FANTASTIC. Incredible build quality and so easy to use. Granted this forum helped me get prepared, but actually having one in hand makes me just like a kid. Last weekend I hooked everything up, and started addressing my learning curve. I'm on the way up...but have a long way to go. This weekend I will take it on my first hang in the Santa Fe Forest in NM. I can't wait to really try it out. Thank you guys for a great product and customer experience.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NM_Leo View Post
    I ordered my first hammock, about 2 wks ago. It took me 2 wks to pull the trigger on a JRB 3/4 3 season UQ. It was shipped right away, and I received email confirmation immediately. All of this is great for the customer, but what about the quilt? its FANTASTIC. Incredible build quality and so easy to use. Granted this forum helped me get prepared, but actually having one in hand makes me just like a kid. Last weekend I hooked everything up, and started addressing my learning curve. I'm on the way up...but have a long way to go. This weekend I will take it on my first hang in the Santa Fe Forest in NM. I can't wait to really try it out. Thank you guys for a great product and customer experience.
    You make us smile...Let us know how your weekend goes... We will be hanging at the Fall MAHHA this weekend...Time to be in the woods...

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

• + New Posts