Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Military Sleep Sys

One time buy, but beginner hammock for $100.

New to hammocks, want to find a nice, one time buy, beginners hammock. Mosquito net is a must. Double layer or single, wouldn't matter to me. I only have $100 to offer.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    For me, at that price, without going to a bargain basement import.

Would be to purchase a good netless hammock from one of our HF vendors. Dream Hammocks, Simply Light Designs, can put you in a high quality hammock for around 75-80 dollars. You will also recieve a complete ready to hang suspension with these hammock Then DIY a net on the cheap. A net can be a little easier to fabricate to where it is servicable, but it will take some time to perfect injection skills to match what you can purchase for that price. You'll come in barely over you're target.

You won't need to upgrade the hammock further. Later you can replace the net if the one you made doesn't suit. You won't need it much in the fall anyway, but you'll still be using the hammock. The hammock is also going to be one of the cheaper items in the long run. You like to build from the bottom up, and a Hammock kit is no different.

If you go the other way around you can make a tableclothfactory hammock on the cheap, but you'll still need to come up with a proper suspension. Unless you can splice and make your own, those can run anywhere from 25-30 dollars by themselves, purchased separately. SLD the suspension choice is an add-on but still brings the price of a Streamliner/suspension around 77 dollars. Dream Hammock can make you a Freebird/suspension included for 75.

Several other vendors offer slightly different deals and designs. BIAS, Wilderness Designs, AHE, even Warbonnet offers the Traveler in or very close to your price range.

Remember you're also going to need a good tarp, and bottom insulation of some sort. Sleeping bags can work well as TQ's, but and UQ or pad will still be needed to keep you comfortable.

Good luck! Let us know which way you go.
    Signature suspended

Agreed, get a nice hammock and suspension first! You will want that EVERY time that you hammock.. You probably won't always need the net.

If you want a net on the cheap, I have one made of tulle. with a bottom entry shockcorded opening. It was the start of a project to make a 2 person net for my ENO DN. This one worked great for one, but was just too small for two.
    I'll let it go cheap..

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joshjv View Post
    Agreed, get a nice hammock and suspension first! You will want that EVERY time that you hammock.. You probably won't always need the net.

If you want a net on the cheap, I have one made of tulle. with a bottom entry shockcorded opening. It was the start of a project to make a 2 person net for my ENO DN. This one worked great for one, but was just too small for two.
    I'll let it go cheap..

I agree with this..
    Last edited by Zilla; 08-29-2014 at 15:28.

Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Military Sleep Sys
    Buddy just sold me his. Thanks all for the suggestions.

• + New Posts